“B. Good is Berry Good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Reviewed April 23, 2012

B. Good is fairly healthy eating - but the emphasis is on fresh, local food and a quirky sense of community. I eat here because I like the grub, but also "everybody knows my name", to borrow a too-often used phrase about Boston. The menu is simple - burgers, salads, fries and shakes, basically, but they do everything well, and it's all tasty with lots of choice within the limited categories. You can have your "burger" beef, turkey, veggie or chicken, and have 5 or 6 unsualy combos, plus add-ons like cheese, guac, salsa. You can have shakes with froyo or ice cream - the good stuff, from Toscaninini's - one of the better ice cream places in a town that loves ice cream. The owners are two guys who are best friends from way back, and the emphasis on local beef, veggies and the like give you a sense of realness. Fast food for locavores. Dig it!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

5 Stars for Quality and Integrity! Nice eatery and hope for conitnued growth and success. Excellent tasting food, customer service all wrapped around local growers and local food. i appreciate the fact someone really cares in the world of quick delicious food found in a very relaxed atmosphere. Very nice indeed.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I love b.good on Newbury Street in Boston. It's good to know where your food comes from. They have the best sweet potatoes fries which are baked so they are better for your. I love that you get to choose from 3 types of meat for your burger. My younger child who is a very picky eater loved his chicken burger with bacon. My oldest has food allergies and he could eat here as the restaurant provided a list of all ingredients used. For a parent of a food allergy kid, this was so so so helpful and stress free.

b.good serves a sizable portion and everything is cook to order. The cashier actually came over to our table to check if everything was okay for our kid with allergy. She was super busy but she came over when there was a lull. Very nice people.

1  Thank dsjohuang
Reviewed February 17, 2010

The inside is set up like a regular run of the mill fast food restaurant with a small dining room and a open face kitchen with staff running around making orders. The check-in area taking orders is set up clumsily near the door and you are not sure what to do when you come up. The menu is simple, choose a size burger and then choose a creative topping selection (many different types of toppings) and then you can choose to make it a combo with fries and a drink. The staff is so-so with not much personality and not very helpful. They didn't even direct us to grab a cup to get our drinks and I had to go back up to the front and awkwardly grab a few. Prices are moderate a bit on the higher side, but since it touts healthy, it is what you would figure.

The burgers are probably some of the best I have ever sunk my teeth into. The buns are fresh and soft and the burger itself is full of flavor and fresh and juicy. I was shocked because you don't hear too much about this place but I was very impressed. What I was not too impressed with was the baked hand cut french fries. They were limp and not very tasty and almost tasted soggy. I guess I have to get used to baked fries since they are probably healthier but I just didn't like them. But the burger definitely held my interest. They even have some tasty milk shakes that complement the meal! In all a worthwhile treat that is healthy to boot!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook