“Funny”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighborhood: North End
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Go there for lunch...prepare to wait at least 15 minutes...take a few slices and get out. It' good, it's a classic I guess...

Reviewed June 26, 2013

As one other reviewer noted, this is a no frills restaurant. Serving sicilian slices (no toppings), paninis, pizettes, arancinis, and calzones. Nothing is made to order. The price is a bargain at $1.55 a slice, but is it worth a line out the door? It was noon on a Monday in June (we passed by many restaurants with no lines). No a/c just ceiling fans and it was warm inside.

Lots of regulars go here and lots of take out. I am glad I went for my first time at North End but I waited about 10-15 minutes or so for two slices and an arancini $3 (good but not something I would order again). I am rating the place very good for the value.

1  Thank 4NY2VA
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Only a cabbie would know:
After leaving Logan Airport and hungry, our cabbie took us to this location. I'm glad we got there just after 11:30am bc the line didn't take long to grow. The locals are there and this place takes you back in time when only the Food is what mattered, and that's what makes the pricing and taste so good. My son is very picky and loved the cheese pizza. I ordered the ham and salami calzone that melted in the mouth.
The happiest person was our cabbie that got 2 slices and a coke as an extra tip.

1  Thank Jason C
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Should have stuck with pizza and paninis. They were excellent. Spinach in calzones tasted like ot was out of a can and aranchini was very bland and underseasoned

1  Thank Bwoodfoodies
Reviewed June 7, 2013

A restaurant could not possibly be any more basic than this place. Absolutley no frills. Go to the front counter and order your pizza...well, not exactly, that would be tell the counter man how many pieces you want because the only choice is cheese...but it is delicious! (As good as we had in Naples, Italy...the rest of Italy was not so good.) Take it to a table, eat it and leave.
Rustic, Basic, Charming...a must do in Boston.

1  Thank jimberr

Been to Galleria Umberto? Share your experiences!