“Fun place hidden away”
Review of Summer Shack

Summer Shack
Reserve with OpenTable
Summer Shack is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 3,449 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Boylston St
Transit: Hynes Convention Center on the Green Line/Prudential Center on the Green Line.
Description: Very good food for a quick lunch
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Great food and great experience! Really good fish and chips / fried clams. I would recommend this to anyone traveling with kids as well.

Sierra U, Public Relations Manager at Summer Shack, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for your review, Justin! We are so glad you enjoyed the Fish and Chips and Fried Clams during your recent visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Good place to eat. CT Lobster roll was delicious. Waiter was nice and helpful. The Jasper Famous roasted lobster wasn’t that great, the lobster meat had a “burnt” taste to it which I’m sure isn’t the way it suppose to taste. The sauce itself on around the plate was good.

Sierra U, Public Relations Manager at Summer Shack, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for your review, Jamilla! We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy Jasper's Famous Pan Roasted Lobster during your recent visit, however we are happy that you enjoyed the Lobster Roll. We have have relayed your feedback to our staff so we can make improvements and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in without a reservation during the rush before the Billy Joel concert. Needless to say they were insanely busy. Hubby and I grabbed seats independently at the bar as that was all that was left. (To be expected in these circumstances). The bartender got my drink order super fast. Then I something of was invisible for about 15 minutes. In the meantime, my husband 4 seats down got to order and his food was delivered. People around me got served too. Finally I ordered something I thought would be quick that I would like. When I finally got someone's attention by waving my arms. Once my order was put in, it came out quick. I let them know I was not happy. They comp'd me a second drink for my trouble. The food was excellent. In retrospect, I think their only real sin is not staffing properly for a night that should have obviously been super busy.

Thank you for your review and for joining us before the Billy Joel concert, Ramona. We deeply apologize about this experience and assure you it does not reflect our standards of service. We always strive to make sure our guests leave full & happy, and it's clear we dropped the ball here. We have relayed your feedback to our staff so we can continue to make improvements for future concerts and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Went to Summer Shack several times given desire for seafood in Boston and restaurant proximity to hotel. Enjoyed the lobster roll and halibut dinner but fish tacos were only so-so.

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed the Lobster Roll and Halibut during your recent visit. We appreciate your honest feedback regarding the fish tacos and hope to welcome you back in again during your next visit to Boston!

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Summer Shack is a fun place where Chris our bartender made an excellent margarita and poured me one of the coldest Sam Adams Summers I think I've had ever. Chris's friendly engaging and a heck of a good bartender I greatly recommend a drink or two at the Summer Shack

Thank you for your review, Mike! We are so glad you enjoyed the beverages during your recent visit before the Billy Joel concert, and we hope you had a great time at the show. We hope to welcome you back in again soon!

Been to Summer Shack? Share your experiences!