“Dirty tourist trap”
Review of Summer Shack

Summer Shack
Reserve with OpenTable
Summer Shack is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Boylston St
Transit: Hynes Convention Center on the Green Line/Prudential Center on the Green Line.
Description: Very good food for a quick lunch
Reviewed July 22, 2013

If dark, dirty, dingy overpriced seafood joints are what you like this is the place for you. Decor hasn't been updated in years and is tired, much like the menu. Place is busy before/after Red Sox games so I guess that's what they're living off of.
Avoid.

1  Thank coastal45

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a quaint casual place with simple decor. The drinks are great and my bartender, "Joe", was awesome. He knew a lot about the history of the restaurant. So, the drinks were great, but the food was Awesome!!! This is a place to definitely visit more than once. It's already on my "to do" list for my next visit to Boston.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a seafood place in Boston and we saw this advertised in the brochure provided by the hotel. Went there for lunch. Service was great. I had special lobster sandwich which was yummy. Daughter had crab cake BLT which came with house made chips. My son had the flounder which he said was only ok. A bit expensive for lobster sandwich but crab cake BLT was fair price. Would go back next time we are in Boston.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I thought Boston had real seafood joints but we kept eating in nice restaraunts. Then we found the summer shack. Just what I was looking for. Paper table cloth to get messy. Tons of raw bar. Great raw clams and oysters. Heavenly lonster cooked split in the shell with a great sauce. My sons was steamed and yummy. My wife had snow crab in a great garlic sauce. My daughter had fried chicken and french fries. It was all good. Service, beer, all good. This is my favorite seafood place in Boston and I have been to a bunch.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Thought that this would be a great restaurant based on advertisements and a recommendation but I thought it was a little overpriced. Had flame grilled lobster but seemed overlooked to me. Loud underwhelmed