“Great local bar feel..”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Beacon Hill
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been going to this place for years, consistently good food and service. Good spot for an afternoon drink as well as staying late into the night. Good place to grab a few drinks and watch a game without an overwhelming amount of people and noise. I recommend the BBQ chicken pizza.

There are newer reviews for Red Hat Cafe

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The Red Hat is our go-to restaurant for our occasional burger craving. It's close to home and reasonably priced. We went there last night and ordered an appetizer and 2 burgers. About 30 minutes later our appetizer came out. The waitress was apologetic, and we weren't in a hurry, so the wait wasn't a big deal. Then about 30-45 minutes later, the manager apologized that we hadn't gotten our burgers yet, and bought us each a beer. Finally, our burgers arrived and mine was the wrong kind. Really, it wasn't a big deal. I was debating between that one and the one I had actually ordered anyway, and I was hungry, so I didn't care. The manager came over again and apologized and paid for our entire meal! That is good business and will keep us coming back to the Red Hat!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We found this to be a nice change of pace eating in Beacon Hill. This place is reasonably priced (by Boston standards) in a relaxed atmosphere. We got pub food (burger, mozzarella sticks, chowder). It wasn't great, but it was pretty good. The fact that I can pay $8 for a dinner entre in Beacon Hill is great, but don't expect that burger to be amazing. Expect it to be what an $8 burget should taste like. The atmosphere is cozy and historic. The service was friendly. If you are looking for some reasonable pub food in Beacon Hill, this is a solid choice.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

The restaurant staff was friendly, the atmosphere was cozy, and there was a significant lack of loud college students and loud music, so I was able to hear the conversation of my four friends as we drank the draft beers.

I was told the second floor was the place to be, so that's where I was at about 8:30 PM. Around then their were still friendly looking patrons, and at 10:00 PM there was still friendly patrons, and sports on the TVs.

Food serving was large, tasty, and the beers were reasonable for Boston. I recommend it if you want to hang out with a couple buddies and toss back some brews.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Price was right.

Beer was cold.

Burger was cooked to perfection.

Try the nachos - they were almost enough for the 3 of us.

Sit upstairs by the window - you can people watch from there.