“A Cozy Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bunker Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 38 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I chose this b & b because I was helping my daughter move into college and wanted a place close to Logan airport. The location was fantastic; just outide the city, but close to her college, and other visitor attractions such as the freedom trail that I wanted to check out while I was in town. The owner was extremely affable & hospitable, providing me with numerous activity & dining options for my daughter & I. I was really pleased with how pet friendly this place was, which saved me paying for someone to watch wrinkles while I visited boston. The food was very nice, a generous selection of fruit salad and sausages & eggs. This place has a lot of charm & character, and I really enjoyed all of the distinctive antiques.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Bunker Hill Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed September 30, 2009

This B&B was great. The hostess was very helpful with telling myself and my wife what there was to do in the area. The breakfast was great, sheets and house clean, and it was overall a pleasant place. Great experience with only our second B&B stayed at. Better than the first, and we except to come back! Thank you so much to this B&B. It made our anniversary weekend wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelingaround1
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Read old reviews that were negative and I need say any more. Nothing has changed from being asked to leave early, not leaving you to relax, to the breakfast, & clutter.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank arivard12
bunkerhillbandb, Owner at Bunker Hill Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

I bring a lot of passion to making my guests feel welcome, and take all concerns very seriously. I work with my customers, and had I been made aware while my guest was staying at Bunker Hill bed & breakfast that the checkout time he agreed to was an inconvenience, I certainly could have accomodated him. In any lodging experience, communication is key, and I am extremely receptive to customer's specific needs. I do my best to anticipate them, but in this instance, I didn't have the opportunity to assist this customer during his stay because he didn't mention any of his concerns at that time.
In addition, I keep my establishment extremely clean; the antiques from all over the world that I decorate every room with are a specific decor style that may not appeal to everyone but which are clearly advertised on my site. To refer to them as 'clutter' is a little misleading for those of us who love antiques & their appeal--although less-than-new, they are imbued with a sense of history and time past.

Reviewed October 27, 2008

I enjoyed my stay at this establishment, the hostess was friendly, the other guests were very helpful and interesting. We had plenty of information and left with our tummies full each day ready to explore the city. Appertifs were available nightly. Good Deal!
Berna

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank berna002
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Bunker Hill House was great. Clean private bath comfortable bed on bus to downtown Boston. The owner Kathi was a wonderfull hostess. Has coffee every morning in the outside garden.!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoeyF_1
Reviewed October 17, 2008

The room we were in in this B&B was the worst I have ever experienced in my many years of travelling. It had a seperate entrance above the garage. It had obviously been used as a long term let. It was filthy and smelt of urine. The sheets were torn and the room was full of belongings. The old dirty fridge contained remants of food. We didn't even want to walk on the carpet in bare feet. It was more expensive than any other B&B we then used in the rest of out stay. The breakfast was OK. but the microwaved bagels were chewy.
The other rooms looked OK.
We booked this through Greater Boston Hospitality and feel we were greatly mislead by them.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank roseberry81
Reviewed August 21, 2008

My wife and I stayed 4 days at the Bunker hill B&B. The room and living area were excellent . Christiane, our hostess, made us feel at home and was always ready to answer our questions and help us. Her warm welcome , morning companionship and friendship is something we will miss. The B &B is located in a very peacefull area near the sea and not very far from ''Freedom trail '' that is in downtown Boston. The nice thing about the area is that we didn't need the car. We took the subway and walked to visit all the attractions. Boston is a very clean ,safe and inviting city. people are always ready to help you. A 3 day visit is a minimum. We recommend to any travellers this B & B

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple