Frost Ice Loft - CLOSED
Review Highlights
what an experience!

definitely a cool experience. staff were friendly. selection of drinks vary from non-alcoholic... read more

Reviewed October 26, 2016
Alicia K
Iowa
Fun Bucket List Item!

This was a fun stop! We went mid-afternoon between a harbor cruise and dinner, and we didn't need... read more

Reviewed September 28, 2016
hollybelle210
Bedford, New Hampshire

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2016

I was lucky to have a friend show me around Boston when I visited recently for the first time. We did alot of activities but this will have a special memory for me as I had so much fun. I have never experienced or heard of an Ice bar before so when she asked me to carry warm clothes during summer... I really wondered. The frost ice loft was 10 degrees when we went. Extremely cold but really beautiful. Walls, sculptures, glasses are all made of ice. We got our drinks served in a glass made of ice. We sat on chairs and tables made of ice. And chatted away with new friends from all over the world for about one hour. I wonder if anyone has managed more than an hour despite the hoodies and gloves. I'll definitely make a point of visiting over and over again whenever I go to Boston.

2  Thank Daphne M
Reviewed August 25, 2016

Our granddaughter will not forget her 21st Birthday! We loved this place! I thought it would be a novelty but we will definitely go back with others to share the experience with them.

My nephew told us about The Frost Ice Loft but we had to LOOK for it. It's located above the American Outfitters on one of the ends of Quincy Market. Walk up the stairs and open a glass door that brings you to an elevator. (No signs) When the elevator door opens...the fun begins. We were greeted by a friendly and fun guy.

We went about 5:30 PM on a Saturday so we got Off-Peak Rates... Adult $12.00 and Seniors and Student $10. If you have sandals on you will want to Rent the Uggs for $6.00. They give you a pair of clean socks to wear with your uggs. For $1.00 you can rent a locker for your shoes.
You will give them a Credit Card to start a Tab for the drinks as no cash is used inside the ice bar. Then your given a landyard with your info on it for payments of your drinks. (There is an ice Tip Bowl inside where you can use cash of course)

After we put our things in the locker a staff person will ask you to take your glasses off and put your hands at your side, and they throw a lined poncho over your head and hand you a pair of gloves.

First you are brought into a 32 degree room to acclimate your body to the cold. Then you enter the Frost Ice Bar which is 10 degrees.

EVERYTHING is ICE! The Bar, The High top tables, the benches, even the Photo Op Frame and sculptures. The tables and seating are cover with a lambs wool type fabric, so your glasses don't break.

They have 2 sided laminated drink menus. They also offer a Root Beer Ice Cream Float that you can buy. Don't bother getting the souvenir plastic glass, you don't want to carry that around all night. Get the ICE GLASS.... oh, and that will be $2.00.
You choose your drink.... Hubby ordered a "Rum & Coke" and was asked what kind of rum? "Captain Morgan please." $12 plus $2 for the ice glass. Not Cheap! Most drinks were $12 but I ordered the Lemon Drop and asked Lemonade to be added to it...$16!!!!! Plus $2 for the glass.

The atmosphere was FUN. Perfect music and everyone was in the same mood... happy to be there enjoying the experience. Not crowed like a typical popular bar.

I had on a skirt and my hubby had on shorts.. as it was HOT in Boston that day. We stayed for about an hour as his knees started to get cold.

Would we do it again? YES, just plan your budget for it. I plan to go again soon for a Girls Night Out. Just lots of FUN! Ya gotta do it!

5  Thank Irene S
Reviewed August 23, 2016

We celebrated our daughters 21st birthday at FROST ice bar last night in Boston. It was a very "cool" experience. It's cold but very comfortable for one drink. They supply you with warm, cozy capes and gloves. The cocktails are delicious and the service and experience very good.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

We spotted this place as we were walking around Quincy Square. Our daughter enticed us to try it - we really didn't know what to expect. They had a huge Yetti outside - if you take your picture with it and put it on social media, you can get in 1/2 price ($6 vs.$12). Doing so saved us $24 total. Once you pay your cover, you are given a parka and gloves. Then you are taken into a room with lower temperatures to get your body used to the cold and shown a short video about do's and don'ts once inside.When the doors finally open, you are in a room totally made of ice (except the floors). Pay the extra $2 to drink out of a glass made from ice too. All around are different ice sculptures. There are tables and chairs made of ice with faux bearskin so you can sit or put your drink down. There were 4 of us in there less than an hour. We each had 2 drinks and shot (fun - they used a ski for all 4 of you to do the shot at once). When you're having fun on vacation - you don't stop to think about the cost of things - so we were a little taken aback when we saw that our bill was $158 for 8 drinks and 4 shots. Expensive - yes - but also fun and a unique experience.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed August 21, 2016

If you've never been to an ice bar before, this is worth checking out, though there are probably better (and cheaper) ones elsewhere in the world. It was a reasonably hot June day, my girlfriend and I bought tickets to the bar, got our fleece-poncho things on and spent an hour or so inside. You really can't stay for too long unless you're used to sub-zero temperatures. There are some nice sculptures inside, plus the bar has some cool (pun intended) decor, but the drink prices and the entry fee are quite high for the amount of time you'll spend there.

Date of experience: June 2016