“very convenient to Kenmore Square, Fenway Park”

Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
Ranked #9 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“very convenient to Kenmore Square, Fenway Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

For Red Sox lovers this is the perfect hotel as it is rigth across the street from Fenway Park. It is very expensive, but so are all other hotels in Boston. It was clean and nicely decorated and the staff was very nice. They put out a little buffet around 6-ish, which was a nice touch, though the cookies tasted like they just bought them at the closest Stop & Shop.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank suefinley
ResidenceInnFenway, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
We are always happy to hear from our guests and truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us at the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay - Fenway. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you thought our hotel was very conveniently located and that you enjoyed the level of service you received from our associates. The next time you are visiting Boston we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
North Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I was placed in this hotel by a college I for which I was working. I had a great experience staying with my husband and 18 month old son. Meals were delicious and convenient. I loved the bakery items from Flour and found the rest of the food to be above par of the regular Residence Inn. 8th Floor Terrace was gorgeous. Great service and great location. Close to Fenway but also to grocery, convenience stores, parks, and restaurants. Great for families!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Triplethreatnyc
It appears that you and your family had an enjoyable and memorable stay at the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay - Fenway. Thank you for sharing the details about your visit that helped create a wonderful stay. We sincerely appreciate your review and hope to welcome you back soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

very uncomfortable room the sofa bed was horrible will not stay here again, the breakfast was cold and service horrible, do yourself a favor and stay at the Marriott Copley ctr a 1000 times better, waited almost 20 mins to get my car back from the valet

Room Tip: don't ask for sofa bed it was very uncomfortable the coils where protruding out my son could not...

3 Thank Syed R
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, and to share comments on your recent stay. We deeply regret if your experience was not consistent with the exceptional level of service and comfort that we provide to our guests. We wish we were made aware of your concerns while you were still here so that we could address them with you to rectify anything that was dissatisfying. One day we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Yes it was! I was staying for just under 3 months. From check in to check out there was not one thing that disappointed me. I was greeted with a smile every day whether going to breakfast, arriving back from the office or wondering up the bar. Breakfast was more than acceptable for myself, and the BBQ evening spread on a Wednesday was great, lets not forget the ice cream bar!
The roof top bar provided a great atmosphere to wind down in the evenings, the staff were good fun, friendly and would help with all random things I was trying to find about Boston (same for all the other staff). While out there I was able to see the Independence day firework display and make use off the great view. While out Katie the bartender won an MVP award and that in my opinion was more than deserved (especially for putting up with me moaning about my day (you too Megan & Erika)).
While the bar made me feel like home when I was so far from home, for such a long time. My gratitude would have to be extended to ALL of the staff.
The rooms were great, clean and well kept. The beds just amazing.
I would more than recommend this hotel and already looking for an excuse to go back!

To wrap it up, yes I enjoyed my stay! Thanks all!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a bath, others a walk in shower which is great!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank George S
We're so pleased to hear that the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay - Fenway created a home-away-from-home experience for you during your extended stay in Boston. Providing our guests with an exceptional level of service, comfortable accommodations and the perfect amenities are extremely important to us. We were thrilled to read your review and find out how much you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

It took a lot of points to get this hotel for 3 nights (105k to be exact). I really think it was worth it. We were in town to see Liverpool and Roma play at Fenway. We were super close to the ball park, the official Liverpool bar, lots of restaurants, the subway, a grocery, the movies, and the Charles River Esplanade (great place to walk , run or bike).

The hotel was very clean, room was very nice. The staff was helpful. The pool was a little small, but still the 8th floor pool. deck, lounge was very nice. Would definitely go back if I needed to be in the area.

1 Thank midsouthbuckeyes
We are so happy to hear that your recent stay at the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay - Fenway was such a positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that our hotel's close proximity to Fenway Park and to the area's many shops, restaurants and attractions was so convenient for you. We're thrilled that you enjoyed the helpful nature of our associates as well as our open air deck. Please visit us again soon.
Oak grove
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great hotel! The rooms were beautiful and comfortable, as well as the rest of the hotel. The only cons for me was that the pool was small and unheated and when it was raining you couldn't be on the rooftop area. Other than that I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed July 2014
As always, it is a true pleasure to hear from our guests and learn that their experience at the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay - Fenway was so enjoyable. Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments. We would however like to apologize if the pool water temperature was not optimal for you and hope that any impact to your visit was minimal. Please visit us again soon.
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Highly recommended - the front desk staff asked why were in Boston upon arrival. I told them it was my son's 1st trip to Boston and it was his Birthday. The next night a Happy Birthday card arrived with some snacks for him! OUTSTANDING customer service. No wonder I always look for a Marriott property first!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ResidenceInnFenway, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review and allowing us to be a part of your son's first visit to Boston to celebrate his birthday. Each and every guest that walks through our door is very much a special guest at the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay - Fenway and it brings us great joy to be able to provide personalized service in order to create a memorable stay. Your kind remarks and high recommendation for our hotel is greatly appreciated. Please visit us again soon as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.