“Great Business Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Business Hotel”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn Back Bay/Fenway and it is clean, well maintained and in a great location. The staff is very helpful. The breakfasts were set out with fresh food. THe room I had overlooked Fenway park, which is very cool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ResidenceInnFenway, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Whether you are visiting the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay – Fenway for business or pleasure, we offer many amenities for our guests to enjoy. Thank you so much for your praise for our staff and hotel. We are delighted you had a great stay and hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Sandton, South Africa
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights, and it was pleasant. Nothing exceptional (especially not the view - looking out over a parking lot) but comfortable and clean, and good value. Relatively good access to the Fenway T station on the green line (about 8-10 minutes walk to the hotel), although if it was raining a taxi may have been required. Right next door to Fenway Park if you're a baseball fan. Decent selection of eating places close to the hotel - the Longhorn steakhouse has good burgers - and a Starbucks fairly close too. The hotel is quite new so the rooms are quite modern and very clean. The receptionists were very happy to help and friendly. One complaint is that on more than one occasion we experienced lukewarm showers - not sure if we were just showering at "rush hour" or if there was actually a problem with our particular room. The pull-out bed for the 3rd/4th person is not particularly comfortable, but not the worst I've slept on either. Overall we were pleased.

Stayed December 2013
ResidenceInnFenway, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
At the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay – Fenway, it is our goal to provide guests with clean and comfortable accommodations in addition to delivering outstanding service to ensure the best experience possible. Thank you so much for your review. It was delightful to learn that our hotels accommodations, location, and staff were appreciated by you. We would however like to apologize for shower temperature; we hope that on your next visit you will notify us of any concerns right away so that we may address them promptly. Please visit us again soon.
London
Reviewed December 27, 2013

What a superb hotel, in a great location - located in Fenway, this brand new property features large rooms with full kitchens, full size fridge, dining area, comfortable bathrooms, large LCD TVs, large couch, study desk, free internet and I believe they have breakfast and evening foods during weekdays also provided, free.

What a great deal and it's just a walk down the road to the Kenmore T station, which takes you everywhere or you can take a leisurely stroll to town. The gym is superb - but it would be nice to include a Precor eliptical trainer like the Precor Amt 100i, rather than 3 of the standard elipticals and also a rowing machine - but i'm not complaining just some constructive feedback on your gym supply.

Love the top floor views of Fenway park and cocktail bar. Plenty of restaurants down and around the corner.

This is my now preferred hotel in Boston! Love it, this is now my 2nd stay. Last stayed in Room 203, checkout 22 Dec, it was the smallest room in the property but it was still huge... be nice to see what it's like in a larger room (they must be HUGE) to compare it to next time, although this room was just simply amazing, even though it was on the 2nd floor vs I think 8th floor last time.

Room Tip: Ask for an 01/03/05 room at the rear if you want quietness away from street, facing rear alley, any...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
We are always happy to hear from our return guests and truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us again for your recent business trip. It was an honor to learn that the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay – Fenway is now your preferred hotel in Boston, thank you. We were thrilled to find out how much you liked your accommodations and the many amenities our hotel offers such as our fitness center. Thank you for sharing your comments and suggestions. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I intend to make this hotel one of my "go-to" hotels for Boston. Its clean, new, spacious and the breakfast is great. I really enjoyed my stay.
Just a couple things...first of all you cannot just park your car. Its valet parking or nothing. I drove up after a long harrowing trip, and was met with a sarcastic valet person who decided to respond to my query by making me feel incompetent by reading the sign to me very slowly and explaining in a very insulting way that "daily parking" is not 'overnight parking". (I am used to hotels that have a two tiered parking arrangement where there is a cheaper overnight parking option, but this hotel does not.) Seriously, I almost got back in my car and left. But I was too tired to do that, and gave up my car. Glad I did, as the room I was given was so very nice. I did not want to proceed onto my meeting-just wanted to collapse in the comfy room.
Breakfast is really good and abundant. It opens at 6:30 which is a little later than usual. The first morning I was down early and had to listen to the cleaning staff banter with the security staff until I finally asked them to keep it down so I could drink my coffee in peace.
The boot comment is that when I left the hotel at 7am, no where up and down the street, including the hotel, had shoveled. Be prepared!
There are two T stops nearby but not really close. The Kenmore stop is a .4mile walk. The desk clerk suggested it was better than the Fenway stop. Taxis are hailed by staff. Its a tight built up spot, so there is limited traffic noise.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInnFenway, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
I It is our hope that each guest feels welcomed and can experience the level of customer service we strive to provide when visiting the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay – Fenway. We are delighted to be your new go-to hotel in Boston; however, we were disappointed to learn that not every aspect of your stay was positive. I will share your feedback with the team to refresh our commitment to our customers. Thank you for your review and for bringing these points to our attention, we hope to welcome you back soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed at this new hotel over the Thanksgiving weekend as we were visiting family in nearby Brookline. My first time staying at a Residence and this property does it right. Location is fantastic within walking distance of great bars, restaurants, movie theaters and of course the Green Monster; although admittedly we are die hard Yankees fans.

This new hotel has huge guest rooms, I would estimate close to 450 SF. Full kitchens, a great oversized tiled shower with glass doors and a separate outside vanity. Beds were plush and comfortable with a pull out sofa and oversized desk with a 42" swivel LCD TV.

Heat and A/C was easy to control and most importantly quiet.

Lobby and front desk team were super friendly and professional all headed by Ryan the Assistant General Manager who welcomed us on arrival and ensured our entire stay was flawless.

A 24 hour well equipped gym crowns the roof with great views along with an indoor pool and what looked to be a seasonal roof-top bar.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInnFenway, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how much you and your family enjoyed staying at the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay – Fenway during the Thanksgiving weekend. It is always our desire to ensure our guests have everything they need so that their stay with us is the best it can be. We truly appreciate your many kind remarks and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel has just what i want as a traveler: good location, very comfortable bed, clean bathroom, lots of places to plug in my devices, and a nice room layout. My studio was just right. A full kitchen (they will go grocery shopping for you!), comfy couch, large desk. huge tv, very comfortable bed, and large clean shower. My room did not have a good view, but that's fine. And the parking is a lot, but in this area of Boston it's the going rate. Did not get to check out the pool or work out room, nor the outdoor roof deck (too cold!). I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
We cannot thank you enough for your terrific review and high recommendation for the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay – Fenway. It brings us great joy to learn that we could provide you with everything you wanted; a good location, comfortable bed and couch, large desk and more. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back and that you will have the opportunity to check out our pool and fitness room.
New Boston, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hubby and I went to a concert over at BU, and wanted to spend the night in Boston instead of making the long drive home after the show. This hotel was wonderful. I am very picky about cleanliness, and the place was spotless. Our room was spotless. Bathroom- spotless. The hallways smelled fresh and clean. Everything was just...clean.
The decor is modern, and all of the artwork is based on the sights and sounds of Boston.
The valet parking was reasonably-priced, and there is so much within walking distance, that you don't need a car. Plenty of restaurants and bars, and even the walk to/from B.U. was easy.
The breakfast was well-done (and did I mention that it was clean?)...plenty of choices.
Best part, by far- is the rooftop terrace that overlooks some of. You can see the Jumbo-tron from there. Takes 2 minutes to walk over.
The staff was laid-back; not stuffy, but friendly. Loved it here and looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: We were up on the 8th floor and it was the quietest room I've ever been in. Also, extremely com...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnFenway, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive impressions of the Residence Inn Boston Back Bay – Fenway. It is always our desire to provide our guests with the all the comforts of home in addition to exceptional service to make their time with us memorable. We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your stay after attending the concert at Boston University. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.