My wife had planned a Red Sox getaway for the both of us, it being our first time to Fenway Park. We had originally planned to stay at another hotel, but found out that this Residence Inn was opening during the summer of 2013. We quickly booked a stay in early June. Let me say, this place was great. Let me point out the things that stood out to me.
1. Location, location, location: This hotel is literally 2 blocks from Fenway Park. Walk out the front door, turn left and walk to Fenway. That was extremely convenient for us. Plus there are stores, restaurants and a movie theatre in the neighborhood. If flying in to Boston, the hotel is only a 15 min, $25-30 cab ride from the airport.
2. Clean and modern room: I was really impressed with our room. We stayed on the 2nd floor and I took notice of how clean and modern the layout of the room was. Our room has a small kitchen and I liked how the bathroom sink is separated from the shower and toilet (steamed mirrors after a shower can be annoying when trying to get ready & out). The bed was comfy, especially after a night game and the TV had the right size and location in the room.
Our room had a view of the backside of the hotel, but that was great b/c if you have one which faces Brookline Ave traffic can get pretty loud sometimes. we on the other hand heard nothing from the outside and it made for some great sleeping.
3. Friendly staff: They did nothing but help us from the moment we arrived to the last minute that we left. The day staff helped with any questions and services we needed. Friendly staff helps make the stay for first timers in a city more enjoyable.
4. Services: There is a big complementary breakfast, which is a huge help and really good. There is also a lot of seating where the breakfast bar is located. Just be aware of the service times b/c once closing time comes, it's closed. You are also able to buy tickets to ride the Old Time Trolley which you are able to catch on the backside of Fenway. The great thing is that you can use the tickets 2 days in a row, buy for 1 day and use the 2nd day too. The hotel also has a small shop where you can buy snacks, drinks and any travel needs you may have run out of or forgotten.
Like I said before, these were things that stood out to me. I was really impressed with this hotel and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary yet comfortable, our extended stay hotel offers a convenient location steps away from Fenway Park. The brand new suites include luxury bedding featuring thicker mattresses, full sized pullout sofa bed, fully equipped kitchen and stovetop, refrigerator, microwave oven, and dishwasher. Complimentary high speed & wireless internet access. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet, complimentary evening social (Mon - Thu), complimentary grocery shopping service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.