“Great Place to Stay In Boston”

Residence Inn Boston Downtown/Seaport
Ranked #16 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Place to Stay In Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here for a work trip right when they opened and could not have been more pleased. The building itself is beautifully and uniquely decorated. The rooms are spacious, with rotating TVs that can face your bed or the sitting area. There is also a full kitchenette.
The location could not be better. It is a five minute walk to the convention center, with tons of restaurants close by and a nice grocery store right across the street. It is only a few miles from Little Italy as well. The gym is also very nice with several treadmills and weights. I was the only person down there every time I went. The complimentary breakfast and dinners were so convenient in such an expensive city.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jackie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Turkish first
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

This Residence Inn is a great choice. Abundant exposed brick give the hotel character and a unique atmosphere. The lobby area is very spacious with ample seating for breakfast and a modest bar. The rooms are new, clean and provide plenty of space. Staff is friendly and efficient. You really can't make a better choice in the area and the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank bob1015
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn in early January 2014. This brand new hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The design and decoration were unlike any Residence Inn I have ever visited. A perfect balance between classic and modern. Beds were very comfortable of course and the room was gigantic. I enjoyed the big walk-in shower; so much more conveniant than a bath, and the sink and mirror are outside of the toilet so I could take a shower without fogging uo the mirror while my girlfriend was putting on her make up.

The staff was very helpful and the parking at $29 is a pretty good deal to be downtown Boston, and they let us leave our car until 5 pm after check-out so we could spend the day in the city without paying another day of parking.

Overall, it was a great stay and I only have good things to say about this property!

Room Tip: Don't forget breakfast is included in all Residence Inn hotels!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank youngmtl514
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed for a evening to attend the motorcycle show. The location was perfect we walked to the convention center and the staff was outstanding. The young women who checked us in was so polite and professional. I am sorry I don't remember her name. The room was so clean, we enjoyed a nice drink at the bar. Everything was great we would defiantly stay again when visiting the city.

Room Tip: Great place
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank capeguy35
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you're in Boston for business or on a family trip then this is a great location to stay in. Easy parking in nearby lots, and the Children's Museum and Boston Tea Party are 2 blocks away.

I really love the room layout; there's a separate living room from the bedroom area (both areas have a flat-screen TV), so it would be easy for a small family to share the room. An extended stay would be convenient here since there is a full kitchen stocked with all the dishes and silverware. The rooms were super clean, and the bathroom has a beautiful fancy looking shower. The bathroom sink is located outside the toilet/shower area so this is convenient.

There is continental breakfast included in the rate which was actually quite fantastic (eggs, potato hash, yogurts, fruit, waffle station, cereal, fruit salad, juices, coffee with to-go cups, etc).

Unfortunately the beds are the worst (and feels like the cheapest) quality I have ever slept on. My college $300 mattress gave more support than these beds. I tried to sleep on the couch and while that never gives you a great night's rest, it was better than sinking into the mattress which felt like an obese person because it was so lumpy and soft. I suggest the hotel invest in sturdier mattresses, as I stayed with a few different couples and over half of us were very uncomfortable.

The decor is modern and sleek and everything is super clean. I love how they mixed in the refurbished structure's architecture by keeping the old Boston factory/warehouse wooden beams that you'll see in the ceilings. Overall this can be a stellar place to stay, I just hope they get new beds for our backs' sake.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank pandashmanda
Saint-Lambert, Quebec, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I did love the location, service and decor. The staff were friendly and helpful, but we (including my kids) were woken up each night from 3 am to 4 am by the garbage and other assorted trucks outside out window. I asked about it and was told "well you are in the city….". So we have been back to Boston since that trip but we didn't stay here, and we didn't hear garbage truck….So bring ear plugs - which I unfortunately couldn't get my 6 year old to wear….

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Joanne O
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel every week I have traveled to Boston (7 times in the last 2 months). There are a few negatives but overall it's been a very positive experience.
Negatives: I easily heard the person in the room next to me multiple nights in a row on one of my stays. It's equally distant from two red line stops, so while they're only 9 minutes away, it's a cold walk in winter. Every room I've been in has street and airport noise, though it's never been loud enough to keep me awake.

Positives: Very recently renovated and in great condition. The staff is very friendly and after only a few stays remembered me and continued conversations from previous visits. Beds are comfortable with a good mix of foam and feather pillows in every room. It is close to downtown and right near a silver line stop so I don't need to rent a car or take cabs. The fitness room is typical but generally there's at most one other person in it. Their evening "socials" or dinners are good enough that for a day or two it's reasonable to eat just the food provided.

I plan to continue staying here for the upcoming months. For the silverline, use google maps directions and go up the "Children's Museum" stairs to get to the closest exit at the street.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business