Review of Urban Art Bar - CLOSED

Got a photo?
Add it.
Urban Art Bar
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have been three times with various friends who have wanted to see what all the hype is about. Have never been disappointed. The instructors are awesome- I have had Terrence twice and then a girl who reminds me of Lena Dunham. Painting is really relaxing and, seriously, no one cares how bad you are. All three of my pieces came out fine and I have since put them up around my apartment. Definitely check it out

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This past weekend, my sisters, mom, and I went to the Urban Art Bar for our first time. We were welcomed the minute we walked in by the friendly staff! The environment was so friendly, upbeat, and fun! Our Teacher for the day was funny and so helpful.. bouncing around the room giving tips! You look at the pictures online and think... there is NO way I can paint that! Yes you can!! It is step by step and it does not matter what level of talent you think you have. They play music.. you can purchase drinks, they provide all the paint, etc. Such a fun thing to do with friends, family, co-workers, etc! I cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The first time we came was with another couple for the Saturday morning painting session. What a fun and relaxing way to spend a few hours on the weekend. The instructors were super sweet and friendly. They're all Mass Art graduates and know how to teach "clueless painters" on how to paint really cool art. They're patient with everyone and easily approachable if you need any help. The music for that morning was an awesome R&B mix with some Sade and Erikah Badu. Relaxing music to paint to.

The second time, I came with a group of girls for a fun Friday night out. It was my cousins birthday, and we brought a cake to cut. They were cool with us bringing food and drinks, even though they sell their own snacks and drinks. Friday night's playlist was more upbeat, pop and rock music.

The classes are about 2.5 hours long but the time goes by very quickly. Try to get there at least 10-15 mins before the class so it doesn't hold everyone up. They try to start on time.