“Great falafel”

Ranked #1,845 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Jamaica Plain
Description: There's plenty to love at Beirut Cafe. Love the authentic Lebanese and Middle Eastern cuisine. Love the falafel wraps with homemade hummus. Love the abundance of vegan and vegetarian options. Love the warm and easy going service. At Beirut Cafe, Chef Ali Hachem and Sami Saba have teamed up to bring the residents of Jamaica Plain, and the rest of Boston, authentic Lebanese down-home cooking.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great falafel”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I always get the same thing here (humus falafel wrap) and it is always taste delicious. They have a large menu, but have never tried anything else. It's not fancy dining, but great for lunch or takeout.

• Visited October 2013
Sami S, Owner at Cafe Beirut, responded to this review, October 18, 2014
We're so glad you keep coming back for that wrap, Mike! It's always great to have you. Thanks for the kind words. We hope you've been back many times since the review, and maybe even tried something new (though it's understandable if you've stuck with the falafel). If not, we hope to have you back again soon.

Best,

Boston, Ma
“Found a gem in JP, amazing Mideast food”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was less than impressed as I entered this store front restaurant. I have lived in the Mideast and loved the food. I was hoping for the same here. I was not disappointed. I had mezza: tabbouleh, falafel, & , of course , hummus. The foods, the smells and the the presentation took me back.
We also had lamb kebab. It was delicious and everything came with a generous salad. But, the real surprise, was the deserts. We bought extra to take home. All of this is homemade. This a family business. Yes, plastic utensils. No tablecloths and you are not really served. You order at a counter and they deliver to your table. It was all locals and the prices are extremely reasonable.
I'll be back.

• Visited November 2013
Sami S, Owner at Cafe Beirut, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
From the Tabbouleh to the Lamb Kebab, it makes our day to know our dishes could take you back. We're glad you enjoyed the desserts enough to bring some back home -- they're a hidden gem. Hope you've had the chance to come back again since you left this nice review, and if not, we'd love to have you back sometime soon.

Best,
Toronto, Canada
“OK for quick snack”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were craving schwarma and decided to try Café Beirut. The lovely lady at the counter suggested a chicken dish (sorry can't remember the name) which came in an aluminum container. It was actually a lemony soup with rice, spinach, onion and chicken. A cup of vinegar accompanied the dish and I was instructed to pour it over the soup just before eating. Very tasty and unusual. My husband had the schwarma plate; unfortunately, it was quite dry although still flavorful. A plate of warm fresh pita accompanied the dishes. This is a small place and one orders at the counter. Food is brought to the tables. Utensils are plastic. We were satisfied but I think that we will go elsewhere when we have an urge for Middle Eastern food.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank GRG19
Sami S, Owner at Cafe Beirut, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
We like to encourage our guests to be adventurous in trying some of our different menu items, so we're glad you took a chance on our chicken dish. It's also good to hear that you enjoyed the service at the counter and the fresh pita, and that you ultimately left satisfied. Our apologies for the dry shawarma, but hopefully the flavor made up for that. Though you mentioned you would go elsewhere, we hope that you have been back with us sometime since you posted this. If not, maybe you could give us another shot.

Keep us in mind,