“Surprising gem!”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Neighborhood: South Boston
Neighborhood: South Boston
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband loves greasy spoons and diners that normally make me cringe so when he said he wanted to bring me here I was dreading it. He used to work right around the corner and went here all the time. The exterior of this building does not do it justice. Inside it was very spacious and clean and the waitress was great. Great coffee and a surprising variety of food. I took a chance on the "creme brulee french toast" which is not something that I would have expected in a place like this. Oh my goodness - possibly the best breakfast item that I have ever had. So decadent but so wonderful. Worth a trip just for that.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My foodie daughter and her birthday celebrating friend went to Mul's for breakfast. I loved the stmosphere the minute I walked in. Renee, our server, was absolutely great. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast. Renee took care of our every need. At the end of ur meal she brought a birthday panCAKE for the birhday girl made by Fayat the chef. Perfect ending=breakfast desert. Southie at its best!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pretty awesome diner - menu wise there's not a whole lot super out of the ordinary, but what they do have is suuuper good quality food at really reasonable prices. Especially if you're there before 9 am when they have the "working man's special" for like $4. I had some corned beef hash that was actual, legitimate corned beef (not the diced dogfood-looking stuff from a can) mixed with real potatoes and onions and stuff. Really tasty. Cash-only. Service was SUPER nice, which honestly was surprising - I tend to expect brusque service as being par for the course at places like this but I was delighted to have an incredibly nice waitress.

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Food good. Beware they do take credit. No where does it say it menu or signs they must take a cut of the ATM. Think the the jerks at Ameriens own it. Went from a 5 to a 2 for this!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Found it on trip advisor, and concierge recommended. We were looking for a fun family place to eat lunch/breakfast. I read that this is a hot spot for hangovers (which we didnt' have!) but I think I know why! You need to be a little fuzzy to not notice that it is a greasy spoon and a little off putting when you get a good look at it! Although the food and service was GREAT, it needs a little sprucing up, especially looking in the window from the sidewalk, I started to 2nd guess our choice. I was concerned about the restrooms as my kids all had to use the facilities, but I was quite surprised to see that restroom was clean and in better shape than the entry. The waitresses were so chatty and helpful and took the time to write down our directions for the T to get to the aquarium. Would go back because food was so good, but spruce it up a ittle!!!

Been to Mul's Diner? Share your experiences!