“Went before theatre and want to go again and again”

Abby Lane Food & Spirits
Reserve with OpenTable
Abby Lane Food & Spirits is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Stuart St.
Transit: We are located directly across the street from the Tufts Medical Center subway stop on the orange line.
Description: Conveniently located in Boston’s Theater District, Abby Lane Food & Spirits sits directly across from the Wang Theater/Citi Performing Arts Center. We are open daily for both lunch and dinner service. We're a neighborhood restaurant with a focus on approachability, affordability and excellent service and cater to both guests visiting the Theater District as well as residents of the local community. Our promise is to provide our guests with a restaurant that consistently produces delicious handcrafted food and spirits at reasonable prices. Our guests will experience great service and hospitality in a fun and family-friendly environment.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Went before theatre and want to go again and again”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband, I, my two daughters and their husbands all had tickets for the theatre on a Tuesday evening. One of my daughters is a big fan of Jason Santos, so we decided, Abby Lane, would be our restaurant of choice. We were all impressed from the minute we walked in. We made our reservation for 5pm to allow plenty of time to get to our 7:30pm venue. The restaurant is beautifully designed and very spacious. We were promptly seated in a corner by the window at an appropriately sized round table. Our waiter, Matt, greeted us immediately for our requests for sparkling or still water, while we pondered over the creatively delightful cocktail menu. Every aspect of our meal was delivered with perfect timing, cocktails and beers, appetizers, entrees and dessert. Matt was very attentive, but never hovering. For appetizers we got the meat and cheese board, a cheese pizza and the root-beer sticky wings. The entrees we selected included the monk fish with parsnip purée, shrimp and grit cakes and various burgers for the rest. I think all of the food was some of the best I have ever eaten. The fish and shrimp were properly cooked, wonderfully seasoned and just outright delightful. My husband who thinks he is a connoisseur of the plain, just cheese please, cheese burger, fell in love. The others all raved about their various toppings and how good they were. Dessert, warm made to order donuts and cheesecake and I couldn't be any more impressed. All I can say, is I am happy I live in the Boston area and can frequent Abby Lane again and again and again and if your traveling make it a must do destination you won't be disappointed. Thank you Matt, for your great service. Bravo Jason Santos, you are a genius.

• Visited April 2014

Bradenton, Florida
“Great food and service”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Great location in Theater District. Food was delicious and reasonably priced. Great atmosphere.mServer was attentive

Visited March 2014
Fairfield, CT
“Best Meal in Boston”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great lively setting. Fabulous nachos - thinly sliced vegetables with a mango style salsa. Truffle hamburgers to die for. Excellent salads. A must if you are in Boston. Expect a short wait if you are there near theater hour. Service was very attentive too!

Visited February 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Best Boston Clam Chowder”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great service, plenty of seating even when busy, everything coming out of the kitchen was just made- you can taste it- and its delicious

Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Reviews don't lie.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I had read plenty of reviews for Abby Lane, all raving about their food, so I decided to celebrate my birthday here. I gotta say, I was very pleased and I needed to say it here. I ordered the Mahi Mahi with a Latin kick and they make it work. My parents ordered steak and chicken and they were satisfies as well. Only bummer was that they didn't have much of a whiskey selection, but it didn't take away from the great dinner. I'll be making reservations again very soon.