“Best night out in a long time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abby Lane Food & Spirits

Abby Lane Food & Spirits
Reserve with OpenTable
Abby Lane Food & Spirits is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 3,098 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gluten Free
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Stuart St.
Transit: We are located directly across the street from the Tufts Medical Center subway stop on the orange line.
Description: Conveniently located in Boston’s Theater District, Abby Lane Food & Spirits sits directly across from the Wang Theater/Citi Performing Arts Center. We are open daily for both lunch and dinner service. We're a neighborhood restaurant with a focus on approachability, affordability and excellent service and cater to both guests visiting the Theater District as well as residents of the local community. Our promise is to provide our guests with a restaurant that consistently produces delicious handcrafted food and spirits at reasonable prices. Our guests will experience great service and hospitality in a fun and family-friendly environment.
los angeles
“Best night out in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have not been back in Boston in 3 years so needless to say a celebration was in order. So I gathered as many of my girls who were available, and we went to this hot spot. As we arrived around 9.30 pm we opted for the lounge area upstairs, which was bustling with fun and well dressed people. The place is set up with a nice restaurant area downstairs, and a lounge/bar area upstairs, where food is also served. We order a bunch of appetizers, all of which were delicious! I am a big fan of lounges where you can eat, drink and socialize, all whilst feeling like you are out and about jiving to good music and a good crowd. I highly recommend this place for men and women in their 30's and 40's who want to stay away from a louder 20's crowd that cares more about shots than conversation. The design is stellar, the food spectacular, very well managed, and overall a hot spot. Simply put, its a must see when in Boston.

Oh, and their spicy watermelon cocktails.... YUM!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Larissa75

Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
“Much Better Than I Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Away on business and this was next to my not so good hotel. I was dining by myself and eat at the bar and had not expected too much been in the middle of theater land and the prices were reasonable.

The Cesar Salad was the best I have ever had, the extra special item was an egg that had been deep fried in crispy bread crumbs but the yoke was still runny and added to the dressing on the salad. I had a great steak that had been well rested and was extremely tender and great flavor. I ordered a medium rare but by European standards was closer to medium but I guess that's America rather than the restaurant (they also had a side pot of tomato ketchup that would only ever be offered in the USA)

The service was excellent and the prices good for the quality of the the meal. They even served a great IPA beer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Farmington, Connecticut
“great food & good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a quick and close place to eat. I came across this restaurant. great food, great atmosphere. chicken wings are fantastic. I had the tuna and it was delicious. tuna was cooked right temperature. my only complaint would be that, tuna should have been bigger :-) this was business trip but next time I am in Boston, I am bringing my wife

• Visited June 2013
Natick, MA
“Best lobsta roll eva!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stopped in Abby Lane for a late bite after an Alvin Alley performance last week. My friend and I were concerned that our total body fat would resemble that of the Alvin Alley dancers if we missed dinner! ; - ) I am familiar with the restaurants in the Park Square, theater and Chinatown area having worked nearby for many years. Abby Lane opened not long ago on Tremont Street across from the Citi Wang at the site of the former Dominic's. I expected an overpriced tourist trap with mediocre food, but was pleasantly surprised. We were immediately seated at a high booth table set within a sleek and inviting atmosphere. I ordered a mojito as the warm evening night called for such a beverage. My friend enjoyed another rum-based concoction. We split a lobster roll - tender generous amounts of fresh lobster meat with crunchy chopped celery (and not much mayo) served on a toasted brioche, with yummy onion rings, which we felt guilty about eating, but the taste soon overrode our guilt. We ordered an interesting and surprisingly generous (for the $3.00 price) side salad of yellow tomatoes with ginger and scallions. The dessert menu is limited to only four, similarly heavy selections as Abby Lane is more of a place for those in skinny jeans to sip martinis rather than indulge in dessert. As we left our skinnys at home, we split the Banana Toffee Jar, a rather bland combination of graham crackers, fresh banana, and according to my friend (canned) whipped cream. The Toffee Jar was saved by the smooth and tasty mocha sauce that I requested on the side from one of the other desserts. We look forward to returning again for lunch or a late bite.

• Visited May 2013
Delaware
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I ate dinner once this week. Sat at bar and was promptly greated. Beer recommendation was excellent. Had the Shrimp BLT sandwich was was awesome. Great atmosphere, would recommend and return!!

Visited May 2013

Been to Abby Lane Food & Spirits? Share your experiences!