“I liked it”

Neighborhood: Back Bay
Melbourne, Australia
“I liked it”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was in Boston on my own, and actually wandered in to buy a book and,as I hate eating alone at restaurants (I think the money and experience is wasted if it's just me scoffing my food down) I slid into to eat at the counter. The food was simple but tasty and reasonably priced for Boston. The waitress was personable, she was a drama major evidently so perhaps she was acting...I enjoyed the whole experience so much I came back again the next night to buy new books and eat again. I would have come back a third time but figured that would have been just silly or a little autistic. Definitely drop in if you are in town.

• Visited November 2013

Tokyo, Japan
“Would go again”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had breakfast at the cafe after an early morning flight to Boston. At first I was concerned because I walked in 3 minutes before they officially opened (door was open so I thought they were open) and after standing around for a while and everyone ignoring me someone yelled "3 minutes!!" So I took that to mean I should come back.

When I came back they were polite and attentive. Generous portions on the food. I was a bit surprised by the price but then I guess you are paying for a prime location. I would go back. I recommend going early as it fills up very quickly.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Peegfeesh
Singapore, Singapore
“Good place for breakfast”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stopped by for a quick breakfast at the bar.

Scrambled eggs was pretty good, decent coffee.

Didn't really walk around to look. It was pretty quiet, 9am on a Friday morning.

• Visited April 2014
“Standards have dropped...”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice in one week.. The first time with a friend the second on my own sat at the counter. I come here quiet down through the years and I feel that standards have dropped a lot of new staff who are not really interested a bit grumpy and very slow to serve. I had to ask
three times for a coffee refill before getting it.. Food was only warm when it arrived.

Boca Raton, Florida
“Great breakfast and books to boot”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Fabulous breakfast. My stepdaughter loved the apple and Brie omelette. Good coffee, great staff very friendly and attentive even when busy. Fried egg sandwich with avocado is delicious. And great gifts and books kept the kids engaged until breakfast arrived.

Visited March 2014