Trident Booksellers & Cafe
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We enjoyed a delicious dinner with two local beers at this informal restaurant.
It is a lovely spot to eat then browse the book sorrow, af

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Trident Books is a bookstore with an integrated cafe. The atmosphere is fun (the staff were in fancy dress when we went), and relaxed. The food was simple, but very well done and tasted lovely.

If you are looking for somewhere to eat, away from the bohemian chic of Newbury Street, Trident Books is a perfect place - and you can browse their extensive book selection afterwards!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have said this before, I struggle when somewhere I review is neither 'very good' nor 'average' - and the Trident in my opinion falls between these two stools. So, sorry, for me, it has to be 'average'.

It's not 'very good'; I have eaten in plenty of cafe type environments where that label is justified - generally because of food, character and service and of course many (although not by pre-informed choice) where it turns out to be 'average'. If it's worse than that, I'll probably get up and leave!

The Trident has alot going for it; great position in the shoppers' favourite of Newbury Street, Back Bay area along with its Bostonian character and architecture and also its close proximity to Boston Common. The bookshop quirkiness works well too, so does wi-fi but for me it's let down by the food - I'd like to see 'proper' coffee with a bit of bite, less plastic creamer pots, also bin the wafer thin napkins and orange juice that you can see the daylight through. Concentrate on the service and getting the food out there - and warm on a warm plate (like mine wasn't) if it's eggs and bacon or similar.

So it's not your average place but neither is it very good. It's just good because of its location and format. Would I revisit? - probably. Would I recommend it to friends visiting Boston? - probably, but I'd warn them too not to get their expectation levels up too far - and that's a pity.

Come on guys, turn it from 'good' into 'very good'.

2  Thank CurtisG
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

It was a really god pick. I was looking for a comfortable lunch and walked by this place at Newsbury street.
They have a impressive choice of drinks, salad sauces and cheeses for the burgers.

Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

There's usually a big line to get a table (specially on sunny weekends), and that's the only drawback. The rest is perfect. Awsome coffee, attentive staff and a very good range of books and magazines. What else can you ask for?