“Good Place to hang out with friends”

Jacob Wirth Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacob Wirth Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #455 of 3,402 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: German, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between Washington and Tremont
Description: We are a historic German Beer Hall offering Jacob Wirth's traditional hearty family recipes with all American favorites. We have trivia Monday nights from 5:30pm to 7pm and Piano Sing-A-Long's Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights 8pm-Close.
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Went there on my birthday with friends, nice place, we were lucky to see Bagpipers come and play in the house

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed the atmosphere. We went to this place on Xmas eve and it was somewhat empty. They were bar games being played by the local college kids, but they kept it clean for the few families there. If you are there in the winter, do the chili, it's very good. Fun atmosphere and a great time.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Don't go crazy to get in here, but if you want a good bratwurst or wiener schnitzel, this is the place to find it in Boston. The food is good all around -- brats, schnitzels, chicken were all yummy. Mashed potatoes and sweet potato fries were fine. Stick to the German/Irish classics here. Warn corn bread was excellent.
The beer menu on tap is long, with some German classics to boot, which is good.

Ambiance is not a word I would use, unless watching soccer games in an open room with ancient wooden chairs counts as ambiance. This is more of a place for friends and watching a game, not date night!

Service is lackluster at best, but the prices are reasonable so I guess that balances out. So I recommend it, but understand what it is and isnt first...

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This place is charming in appearance and I could enjoy it as place for a social drink. The beer menu is large and prices are reasonable. I ordered the German Mixed Sausage Grill and was disappointed. Both sausages seemed to have been cooked hours in advance. They were dry, tough as leather, and had an external consistency like vinyl. The "german" potato salad was completely unseasoned. The sauerkraut was nice. I have eaten great and average German food in the US and in Germany. I was terribly disappointed. This was less than average.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I go to Jacob Wirth's three or four times a year and am usually quite satisfied. Went this past week and was amazed by the lack of service and the lack of interest on our waitress's part.

We started with appetizers and drinks. We left after that because our waitress took so long to come back. We ended up going elsewhere for food.

I'll try again and hope for better service.