“Toasted peanut butter and jelly? Really?”

Jacob Wirth Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacob Wirth Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 3,185 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, German, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between Washington and Tremont
Description: We are a historic German Beer Hall offering Jacob Wirth's traditional hearty family recipes with all American favorites. We have trivia Monday nights from 5:30pm to 7pm and Piano Sing-A-Long's Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights 8pm-Close.
Holland, Massachusetts
“Toasted peanut butter and jelly? Really?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Not sure where to start.
Our first server when we ordered drinks asked my mom if her appletini was a beer. Hmmmm should have left then.

• Visited April 2013

Missouri
“Yummy fried pickles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the fried pickles! I ordered sauerbraten with red cabbage and spaetzle. My daughter got their boursin burger and fries. Too much to eat for lunch, but totally delicious, every bite we could eat.

Since this place is not wheelchair accessible my daughter was able to climb the few steps into the restaurant. One of the staff members grabbed up our travel wheelchair and set it out of the way for us. We sat in the front window and enjoyed being able to watch the people going by.

We would definitely recommend this restaurant. Their menu has a good variety of food options to suit any palate.

Allenstown, New Hampshire
“What an awesome restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a concert that night and someone suggested to meet at the jacob Wirth on Stuart St. in Boston. Th place was packed and because we were stuck in traffic getting into the city, we were late with sitting with friends at 5:30. We found that reservations are the best way to get in and getting a table but because we missed our friends and had a concert at 8pm, the staff was gracious to find one right away. (we only had 59 minutes before showtime) Ahhh! The service was extremely great!!! The menu was easy to read and had a variety of American and true German meals. I will NEVER have better French Fries as I had at Jacobs!! I had the Smokey Mountain Angus Burger and my husband had the Egg, Bacon and Cheese Angus Burger with Onion Rings. The service was very friendly and cared about our experience there. They worked so hard to accomodate evryone. If I worked there I would have been crying after the first hour. We are definately going back!!

London, United Kingdom
“Great food, good service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Had a really enjoyable time at this place. Loved the range of beers (including great choice of samples) recommend the Harpoon UFO White. The service was prompt and friendly. Plus a great atmosphere

1 Thank AlastairWells
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Interior doesn't live up to the air of history”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

When I passed by the Jacob Wirth I was looking forward to walking in and back in time. Unfortunately I was disappointed. The bar atmosphere was okay. The kitchen prep area dominates the back half of the restaurant so the bar area is a bit small.

The food was pretty good. I ordered the Jacob Wirth special sausage plate rich had two kinds of wurst, kraut, and German potato salad. The cask beer of the day was a Winter Ale and it was good with a high alcohol content.

Overall I'd say give this place try for the beer and food.

• Visited April 2013