“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This little hole in the wall is such a hidden gem! They have the yummiest pho ever, along with delicious Thai dishes. The beef in the pho is always perfect and tender, never fatty. The wait staff is always very friendly and makes us feel welcome every time we go. This is a must-try if you love Thai or are craving pho!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Growing up, I used to spend a week in Bangkok about every four years, and then more often when my folks lived in Burma in the 90s. I have also eaten Thai in all kinds of funny places, like Sri Lanka. Most Thai in the US is crap. Sweet, mild, not pungent at all. Boring. Not Thai North.
We went last night. Had the ground green chili paste, northern Burmese curry, steamed herb fish, Thai dumplings, tomato ground pork (more on that in a sec), and Chiangmai sausage. All with sticky rice.
So, why four not five stars? The food was delicious, but it catered a little bit too much to Western palates to merit the full bore, Thmor-Da five stars. For example, the Burmese curry was perfectly cooked, soft hunks of pork belly. But it was sweeter than it would be in Shan State, and more delicate. More cinnamony. Not a bad thing at all. But I am always on the lookout for a full on muscle memory experience. Which would typically mean "lots more oil."
The service was very sweet; they brought the tomato pork by accident, then comped it. It was delightful. Crispy bits of chicharron made it a crazy Mexican-Italian-Thai experience. The sausage was fantastic-not dry at all. The herb fish was probably the best thing, but that's a hard call. I think the best thing was actually the sticky rice.
The variety of dishes was excellent, but more than that was the fact that most of them were things you don't see in a 'regular' Thai restaurant. And they have sticky rice with banana, those lovely dessert tamales. That alone will bring me in.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I once worked at a Thai restaurant so I had a chance to pretty much try everything. This place is the place I go to when I am having a craving for Thai. I love the decor, and the workers are always friendly

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a storefront in Oak Square, Brighton, between a couple of pizza parlors. I've eaten in and taken out, and on both occasions found the service to be very nice. The walls have big pictures of Thai places, and the atmosphere is quite authentic. They have 'regular' Thai food and a number of special north Thai dishes, like Chiang Mai noodles, that are really a kind of spicy soup with a coconut base. It is delicious and very complex. We also had both Bangkok duck and tamarind duck, and the Bangkok version was better, though they are both good. We had some excellent northern dumplings. The northern dishes are on a blackboard, and it's worth trying them.
I made a special trip to this restaurant with an out of town visitor after seeing a review in one of the magazines, and we had a very satisfying time.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The food is pretty authentic especially the northern dishes like the Kao Soy Gai. I go every month to get my fill of spice and flavor. Better than Amarin of Thailand in Newton Corner for authentic flavors.