“Huge Breakfast!”

Neighborhood: Jamaica Plain
Boston, Massachusetts
“Huge Breakfast!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently went to Robinwood for breakfast, and got a little menu happy. I really wanted eggs and pancakes so I ordered an option that had both (The Center Street) and it was SO MUCH FOOD!

The eggs weren't that great and the hash browns had good flavor, but could have cooked for a bit longer. The pancakes, however, were awesome. My boyfriend got strawberry pancakes and they were three huge pancakes, folded in half, with fresh strawberries piled inside. I had two buttermilk pancakes that were awesome. Next time I think I'll skip the eggs (or maybe get an omelet?) and focus on the pancakes.

The atmosphere here is also wonderful, and the servers are super sweet. I also think this would be a great place to grab your morning coffee and a pastry to go.

• Visited December 2012

Boston
“Dependable breakfast, no pretensions”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Does anyone remember Pinardi's? It was a great breakfast place that was once on Centre Street in Jamaica Plain. When it went away I grieved, but then Robinwood came along. It isn't quite Pinardi's but I love it all the same.
The breakfast offerings are the usual things you'd expect, but the quality is good and the prices are low. I refuse to wait forever outside like a chump for a table at the cramped looking Center Street Cafe (no matter how good it reportedly is) and never have to since Robinwood is just off the beaten track enough that I always get seated right away.
My son loves the pancakes and I like the omelets and the nice, friendly service. I also like that you can linger after your breakfast since there isn't a line. The service is mostly pretty good and the place looks and feels very clean.

Visited January 2013