“A "go to" establishment”
Review of Corrib Pub

Corrib Pub
Ranked #1,198 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Boston, Massachusetts
“A "go to" establishment”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Readers know that we all have a place that may not be the greatest place to eat, but is so dependable and comfortable that we keep going back. The Corrib Pub on Market Street in Brighton is such a place. It is one of the first places we went to before we moved into the area and is a now a place that my wife and I frequent for the typical can't decide-where-else-to-go situation. There are usually interesting specials for lunch and dinner, and the regular menu items are from average to good. My family likes the lobster roll, and I like the Irish burger and fish sandwich. The one item that I don't like is the chile, and the ice tea is typically strong. We recently had a great shepherd's pie (sans crust). The bar is usually crowded with locals and the drinks are good. For the area, the prices are both reasonable and competitive. We have never been there for breakfast, but I am told it is good. The Corrib is Irish (named after an Irish river) and has a nice ambience. Typically, unless it is very busy, people dine in the back even though the front dining room is very attractive. The servers are usually pretty busy and sometimes a bit slow, but they are quite friendly.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Teacher-DRP

• Arabic first
Norcross, Georgia, United States
“Great Food, Great Value”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Went with friends,service friendly and fast. We had tdriyaki salmon, scallops, mushroom ravioli and ribs. Each meal was delicious, portions large enough to take some home. Each meal came with soup or salad, the clam chowder was excellent. Very reasonably priced

1 Thank Marcia P
Roslindale, MA
“Best Irish Breakfast!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I always enjoy my meal at the Corrib Pub in Brighgton. This last visit I had the Irish Mixed Grill for dinner and it was almost 2 meals. Besides the Irish bangers, blck and white pudding, beans and French fries, I got a huge pork chop and a lovely boneless chicken breast that I did eat the next day. Service was just right. Never rushed. Drinks are also part of the fun. I'm sure it can get peppy when the is a big crowd there! Can't wait to come back again soon!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MrsColleen
Dover, New Hampshire
“Nice spot when in town”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We hit Corrib after doing some nearby college tours. Bright, clean and nice menu. Cold beers and decent service. We will return.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank bluefinz1
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Boiled dinner hit the spot”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I used to go to the Corrib years ago when I worked in Watertown but always remembered the food being good. We were looking for an Irish Pub/Restaurant the night before St. Patrick's Day and the Corrib came to mind. The parking is atrocious in Brighton and we had to keep circling until we found a spot. There is some parking on side streets but you have to be careful. There time limited public parking but only for about the first 50 yards or so down side streets. After that it turns into resident only parking. Watch the signs or you'll get a ticket.
Once in the Corrib we found 3 seats at the bar and got great service. There were two servers who got us drinks and took our food order. I had the boiled dinner which was outstanding. One friend had the beef stew and although she said it was very tasty, she wopuld have liked it if the broth was thicker. My other friend had the fish and chips and said it was excellent. I would definitely recommend the Corrib for going out with friends for drinks and/or dinner.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank CambridgeJim

Been to Corrib Pub? Share your experiences!