“Revolutionary War History and present day in Boston”

Brush Hill Tours / Gray Line Boston
Ranked #58 of 151 Tours in Boston
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Brush Hill Tours / Gray Line Boston is a full service transportation company, we specialize in fun , historical tours of Boston and New England. Please contact us for all your special charter and sightseeing needs, trips daily to Cape Cod, Cambridge Concord & Lexington. Newport Mansions, Plimoth Plantation, Salem & Marblehead, New England Seacoast,Fall Foliage and Wrentham Village Premium Outlets.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I wanted a good view of events of the Rev War while in Massachusetts, so I chose this tour. The AM was History, and the PM was sights with the history in Boston itself. I loved both parts of the tour. Our guide, Frankie, was a wonderful tour guide.

All reviews
"glass blowing"
"old north bridge"
"jfk memorial"

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We did the Gray Line New England Seacoast Tour while visiting Boston. The tour had three stops: 1) Hampton Beach 2) Nubble Light 3) Kennebunkport, Maine

It was great to be able to see both the New Hampshire and Maine coast. The downside is we only had 30 minutes at Hampton Beach (I would almost recommend leaving Nubble Light off the itinerary to increase the time at Hampton Beach). We had 30 minutes at Nubble Light (a lighthouse on an island, so can only see it from the distance, not actually visit it). We had 2+ hours at Kennebunkport - beautiful - loved this! Enjoyed a nice lunch and shopping here. This was a highlight of our vacation for me - want to go back!

Driving back to Boston, I was definitely tired and it felt like it had been a long day, even though we were only gone from about 9:30a to 6:00p.

If you are looking for an opportunity to see what the New England Coast has to offer, but don't have more than a day, I would recommend this tour. If you have more than a day, I would rent a car and go visit on your own, spending the night along the coast and being able to explore at your leisure versus being limited to just a short time at each stop.

2  Thank Diane H
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed this tour, and learned quite a bit of history about Harvard and the Revolutionary War from a knowledgeable driver. The amount of time at each stop was about right. The only reason I didn't rate this as Excellent is that the mix of the visit to Harvard with the following immersion in the Revolutionary War was a bit odd to me; those interested in the history of one (in our case, the Revolution) are not so likely to be interested in the other, and the time we spent wandering around Harvard Yard looking at old buildings after seeing the statue of John Harvard felt like something of a waste. I'd rather that the tour company had a tour that focused directly on the Lexington/Concord history. However, that's a personal preference, and maybe others on the tour preferred the variety. In any case, the tour is still well worth taking.

1  Thank AnnArborMiBob
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Tour said be there by 9. We missed parking garage and parked a few blocks away to try to be on time. Almost ran to get there. ! Tour left after 9:50 as we waited for a couple people??? Huh?? No time for tour or to hardly see anything in concord--except from bus. Barely saw anything at Harvard. Had barely time to get lunch- rushing the entire time. Got to USS Constitution and not enough time to get on boat for tour as it was closing. Tour guide nice and friendly. Take different tour!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My son and I did the trolly tour in Boston. The driver was funny and informative. I will say this and this is not specific to this driver but I found most people in Boston working for tips....I don't know if it's a Boston thing or I just ran into the wrong people but you are almost harrassed into tipping! Of course I'd tip anyway but this guy gave a sob story about how this is his only income and if you enjoyed it you should tip more than just a $1. He encountered someone along the way and did not stop to pick him up saying "that guy stiffed me earlier" WHAT!? So when I was exiting I dropped my tip in his little bucket he actually watched me tip and then looked down to see how much I'd tipped. I guess it wasn't enough because he huffed. But like I said he wasn't alone check out the street entertainers at Fanuil Hall. They pretty much demand tips, tell you how much to tip and flip out on the people who don't. I did, I was too scared not too lol. Have plenty of $5 and $10's on you or prepare to be bullied!