“Great people, great fun, amazing experience for any NK fan!”

BH Boston Tours- Day Tours
Ranked #86 of 139 Tours in Boston
“Great people, great fun, amazing experience for any NK fan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

What a fun experience! BH Tours is professional with the planning and execution, but go out of their way to make the tour personal. Awesome! I highly recommend!!

Greenfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Touring NKOTB's Dorchester, MA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

In late August, 2012, I treated my friend for her birthday to the COMING HOME TOUR, a tour of places in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston, MA connected with the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK. I had first heard of BH BOSTON TOURS on TWITTER, and, as a more recent fan of NKOTB, I thought it would be fun to see where 4 of the 5 members grew up.
Cara, the founder and tour guide, is a long time fan and has an interesting and fun history with the group. We met her at the Shawmut T Station, and along with another fan and friend of Cara's, started our tour with a surprise 'guest' tour guide [sorry - can't say who, but it wasn't one of the New Kids.] Normally I believe it is a walking tour, with maybe a ride on the T, but that day we got to go by car. We visited the former homes of Jon and Jordan Knight, Danny Wood and Donnie Wahlberg [Joey McIntyre grew up in Jamaica Plain - that is another tour you can take]. Also viewed were All Saints Church, Lee Elementary School, Hi Fi Pizza and DYC. Since we were driven around, we got a nice overview of the very diverse Dorchester neighborhood, an interesting 'extra'!
Cara, as a long-time fan, has a lot of knowledge of the band's history and some fun stories and anecdotes. She is a very upbeat, pleasant woman, who, though not a Boston native, has a great love and knowledge of her adopted city.
As a more recent fan of NKOTB, I don't have the extensive knowledge the long-time fans have, so a lot of what Cara shared was new info for us. If you have been a fan from the start, you may have the info, but nothing beats seeing these places in person. I highly recommend taking the tour if you are going to be in Boston. More detailed information on the day tours or accommodations with tours visit the website:
www.bhbostontours.weebly.com

Visited August 2012
3 Thank LindseaMac
LoveFromTheBean, Owner at BH Boston Tours- Day Tours, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
So glad you had a good time! I was very excited about our special guest and glad that you had the opportunity. I hope that you will come back again sometime and do our other tour.