“Fun atmosphere, quality food”

Tavern at the End of the World
Ranked #468 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fun atmosphere, quality food”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Ended up staying off the beaten path in Somerville and tried out tavern at the end of the world on a Sunday night, which happened to be trivia night and that was a blast. Definitely a fun local place with quality food. We were impressed by the salads (mixed greens and arugula, no iceberg lettuce) and the pizza was decent. Good selection of beer, plus clean restrooms.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank annemarie1012

Boulder, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great meal for our family”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We walked the short distance from the Holiday Inn to this restaurant for dinner upon the recommendation of someone and we were very pleasantly surprised! There is a pub-ish atmosphere, the cooks were friendly and efficient, the waiter was pleasant, the food was tasty, the service was fast ... it was pretty much everything we were hoping for! There was no music the night we went (Sunday) - which wasn't surprising - and I am not sure what another reviewer was talking about in terms of the views of Boston (?) - unless you can access a balcony that we didn't see. My only complaint was that it was a tad pricey for a casual restaurant in a not-fancy neighborhood, but what else an you expect in Boston? Still, I recommend it highly.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jenifer F
Toronto
“local pub”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed in the Holiday Inn for 3 nights in Somerville and this place was 2 blocks from my hotel.
What a great local pub.The food was fantastic and they have live music every night.The staff
went out of their way to make you feel welcome. The local music was good.It was nice to go to a place that made me feel that i was home in my own pub.I will be going back next time i am in town.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank crowles1
Newark, Delaware
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was staying at the Holiday Inn in Somerville, MA right around the corner from this restaurant. HDI recommended it to me and my colleague. From the outside, this place looked like a little hole in the wall. We entered to find a small bar and about 12 tables. We were in a rush so I ordered a chicken sandwich and tea. The sandwich was one of the best chicken sandwiches I've had. Wow, I would come back here in a heartbeat the next time I am in town!

• Visited April 2013
Saratoga Springs, NY
“Great Food, Fun Atmosphere and Friendly Service”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great little pub with the Best Shepherd's Pie and Fried Cod! HUGE selection of craft beer. One of the best meals we had while visiting Boston! Great towney vibe and super friendly service. We will definetely go back for sure!

Visited April 2013