“Que delicioso!”

Vejigantes Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vejigantes Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #679 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South End
Norwich, Vermont
“Que delicioso!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I visited vejigantes the first time in April 2014 with my boys who go to college in Boston & returned a month later with my husband. The kids had gone there back in January & said I had to try Vejigantes. Both visits were wonderful, the kids were SO right. Being originally from NYC & now living in VT, such food is hard to find, unless homemade. The restaurant is small & can be crowded, loud & cramped, but we dined early both times & had reservations, so it was not an issue for us. Victor was our waiter the first time & was great! Very friendly & professional. A young lady served us on our second visit & was just as good.

Sangria is EXCELLENT here, but is expensive if you are ordering by the glass instead of the pitcher. I will not do that again. Food brings back such memories. My boys say it like being back at "abuelita's" house. When I took my husband it brought back long-forgotten memories for him of his grandmother cooking this food when he was a little child. During those visits we had the Variedad de Luquillo, which is such a great combo. The bistec & chuletas encebollados (w/rice & beans) were tasty & plentiful. We especially liked the alcapurrias & the mofongo.

Prices were moderate, considering you're in Boston. Portions were adequate.

I will definitely be returning there & recommend others try it there as well.

• Visited May 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Go for the dessert!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Dinner here was OK, but the dessert was outstanding. Try the Tres Leches cake and you will go back just for that --which is what I did!

Visited April 2014
Lawrence, Massachusetts
“Pricey!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We went to celebrate my daughter 20th bday, it was her first time here. She like the ambience and the food. I have been twice before; very busy on weekends but this day was a quite weekday afternoon. It's a small and very charming place. The food is good but very pricey for example if you order a mofongo for $8 and want to add a side of meat; it can cost $25 for the amount of food they serve. Drinks are ok!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Electric atmosphere, very good food!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is very vibrant and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. The environment does not lend itself to good conversation as it is fairly loud - not a great date spot in my opinion. The menu is large and interesting. The portions are huge!

Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
“Dinner with Friends”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

First time at the little place in the South End of Boston.
We ordered as an appetizer the Empanadas, golden friend and very tasty.
The 3 of us orderd the traditional Mofongo. I have the grilled breast of chicken, my friends the pork chops. All 3 meals were equally impressive with bold full flavors of garlic and spices. For those of you afraid of foods with lots of flavors, don’t go to this restaurant The ones not afraid of taste and good food, this place wont disappoint you.
Service was ok, an almost empty restaurant on a Saturday night; our waitress was more interested in a personal conversation with the host.
She never came to check on us, or asked if we like another drink, we did but we finish dinner before she came back.
Try the bold flavors of Puertorican food.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Vejigantes Restaurant? Share your experiences!