“Pricey!”

Vejigantes Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vejigantes Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #604 of 3,185 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South End
Lawrence, Massachusetts
“Pricey!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We went to celebrate my daughter 20th bday, it was her first time here. She like the ambience and the food. I have been twice before; very busy on weekends but this day was a quite weekday afternoon. It's a small and very charming place. The food is good but very pricey for example if you order a mofongo for $8 and want to add a side of meat; it can cost $25 for the amount of food they serve. Drinks are ok!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Electric atmosphere, very good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is very vibrant and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. The environment does not lend itself to good conversation as it is fairly loud - not a great date spot in my opinion. The menu is large and interesting. The portions are huge!

Dorchester, Massachusetts, United States
“Dinner with Friends”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

First time at the little place in the South End of Boston.
We ordered as an appetizer the Empanadas, golden friend and very tasty.
The 3 of us orderd the traditional Mofongo. I have the grilled breast of chicken, my friends the pork chops. All 3 meals were equally impressive with bold full flavors of garlic and spices. For those of you afraid of foods with lots of flavors, don’t go to this restaurant The ones not afraid of taste and good food, this place wont disappoint you.
Service was ok, an almost empty restaurant on a Saturday night; our waitress was more interested in a personal conversation with the host.
She never came to check on us, or asked if we like another drink, we did but we finish dinner before she came back.
Try the bold flavors of Puertorican food.

• Visited November 2013
Columbus, Indiana, United States
“Mofongo is my favorite dish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We are visiting Boston for the school Fall Break. I am from Puerto Rico, but I live in the Midwest and when I travel I look for a Puerto Rican cusine, but not always find it. My husband and kid also came to have lunch at Vejigantes. We were pleased with the food and the affordable prices. The service was good. Our concerned was how to get there from our hotel. We took the train and got off the Back Bay station, from there we walked about 5 blocks and were pleasantly surprised with the restaurant. It is clean and decorated with Puerto Rican's theme of vejigantes (carnival masks). I normally do not write reviews, but made the point to write this one.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rosalind P
Amherst, New Hampshire
“Ok Puerto Rican cuisine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is my second time to Vejigantes restaurant in Boston, MA. It is a small restaurant very nicely decorated, with not much indoor seating. In the summer there is outside seating. The staff is friendly but service is it or miss. Once you are served, the staff seems to disappear. During this visit, it seemed like my wife food was sitting waiting for my order to come out and of course by the time my order came out her plate was cold. Had to get up to get the attention of the staff to return her dish to warm up. There are certain expectation that one expect when paying premium price for drinks and food and service is one of them. Seems like management need to retrained the staff in customer service. Once the food issue was taken care, the food was very good!

• Visited September 2013