“Better than dairy ice cream.”
Review of FoMu

FoMu
Ranked #16 of 96 Dessert in Boston
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Better than dairy ice cream.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is the first vegan place I went to, and it completely surprised me. Their ice cream tastes much better than the regular dairy ice cream. Very different flavour combinations and the ice cream itself is very light. I liked it so much I went in 3 times in a week to try different flavours.

Visited October 2013

Woodbridge, Virginia
“Non-Dairy Ice Cream? You Bet!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went to the Jamaica Plain FoMu. Their non-dairy ice cream varieties are amazing!! The taste, well...you need to go there to try it for yourself. This is just an incredible treat - very creamy, and with toppings (if you like). This is a "Top Ten" dessert site for sure. No doubt...will go here again.

• Visited October 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Who needs the moo?”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'm not a vegetarian nor a vegan but my partner has a severe dairy allergy so we decided to visit FoMu after a visit to the Sam Adams brewery which also in Jamaica Plain.
I'm not a massive ice-cream fan so I had the small carton of salted caramel with a cookie and nut topping - FoMu's one-scoop carton is a very generous scoop indeed! My partner had a sundae with the salted caramel ice-cream, dark chocolate 'fudge' sauce with whipped coconut cream and walnut pieces. I have to say that the ice-cream was genuinely good. I have tried a few vegan ice-creams (Booja-booja and Swedish glace) but none of these come close to the creaminess and texture of real ice-creams. FoMu ice-cream is the best non-dairy ice-cream I have ever tasted by a long chalk. Worth taking the Forest Hills subway out to Green Street to try this place out.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank C H
New England
“The best dairy free ice cream”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

You will not be left feeling without once you try Fomu. They offer you a creamy texture and amazing flavors. My favorite so far is Mango Habanero. It was creamy, sweet, and spicy and in perfect balance.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank WanderlustHrts
Venezuela
“Great option for vegetarian/vegan people! Loved it”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

If you are staying in downtown Boston, you might find this place to be a bit far from the rest of the attractions, however, if you have the time, it is worth paying a visit.
There are not hundreds of options to choose from but plenty to satisfy your curiosity and sweet tooth.
Staff are super friendly and help you decide if you are not familiar with non-dairy products. They have several kinds of ice-creams and smoothies with a non-dairy base. You can have soy milk, almond milk or rice milk bases.
Portions are big, I could not finish mine. My husband asked for a smoothie and he could not finish it either. Make sure you are hungry enough.
I had a strawberry ice-cream with cocount base and it was amazing. They also offer cakes and coffee, everything 100% non-dairy.
The place is small with some chairs and tables and they offer free tap water for customers.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MRCordova

Been to FoMu? Share your experiences!