“on the whole - good”
Review of Granary Tavern

Granary Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Granary Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #286 of 3,435 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Surface Road
Transit: The closest T stops are the Blue Line (Aquarium Station) and State Street.
Description: In search of a sun soaked patio, a truly unique dining experience or just an engaging place to socialize, the Granary Tavern on the Greenway is the answer. A place where rustic and modern elements meld seamlessly to create a casually-stylish environment.Located at the end of Milk Street, the newest addition to the Glynn Hospitality Group portfolio of restaurants and iconic hotspots is certain to impress. Making its home in the Charles Bulfinch designed building constructed in 1816, this 250 seat restaurant has two floors, two bars, exposed kitchen, patio, and panoramic al fresco style windows.The informal and welcoming atmosphere is reaffirmed with the gastronomic offerings. Locavore’s will relish the fact there is an emphasis on Slow Food principles, fresh seafood, farmer’s market produce and dynamic presentations. There is a focus on healthy preparations and locally sourced ingredients; simple comfort food concepts enhanced by contemporary accompaniments.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast / brunch our first morning in Boston. I'd researched lots of breakfast places and this definitely wasn't one of them, however we had hire car problems and had to take our hire car back to the airport first thing and so my carefully planned and researched day in Boston was starting to unravel at the seams. We actually only stopped here as we were getting desperate for a breakfast stop, everywhere we passed seemed full, and this didn't so we decided to stop and have breakfast (or brunch as it was around 10.30ish by now).

We were seated quickly, we chose indoors rather than outdoors as the sun was pretty strong and there was no shade on the outdoor patio. Our server was friendly and chatty and recommended thing to do/see in Boston, he was Irish.

I chose the Yogurt Parfait, which was delicious, thick creamy yogurt topped with blueberries raspberries and pineapple, and a sweet crunchy and chewy granola mix. I also asked for a side of sourdough toast, I received 1.5 slices of wafer thin and burnt to a crisp sourdough bread, it was expensive too - around $2.50 if I recall correctly. I ordered coffee and skim milk, no issues with the coffee and plentiful refills. I also asked if they served freshly squeezed juice, any flavour would do it just needed to be freshly squuezed, I didn't think this would be a problem as they seemed to be marketing themselves as an 'upscale' brunch location, however our server said that they only had concentrated juice from a carton not freshly squeezed - but it would be free refills! I passed on the juice!

My 2 dining companions had omelettes, they said they enjoyed them.

4 stars rather than 5 due to the burnt offering of expensive toast, and not serving freshly squeezed juice.

Would I go again, yes. But I'd forgo the side order of toast!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very good location and nice outdoor dining for family. Not over the top pricey and there were unique selections from the brunch menu. Eggs could be cooked a bit longer, and service was lacking (minimal waitstaff @ busy brunch hour). Overall I'd recommend and return.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by after late flight on Sunday. Not many places open late so hotel staff recommended this place. Ate at the bar, the bartender was very friendly and welcoming. The food was fresh and tasted great! The burger was perfectly done and very tasty. The salad was crisp and fresh. Definitely a great place.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Low lighting nice homey atmosphere. Great decor. Very good food. Reasonable dinner prices. Very good pizza and very good burger. Good service.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice place to sit outside at lunch and watch the people go by. And our food - the lobster roll for my wife and the Thai noodle salad for me - was above average. But the service was bad and the iced tea I ordered was literally undrinkable - smelled and tasted like dirty dishwater. We had to flag someone down to get our bill, and then our server disappeared for a very long time with my credit card before we could wrap things up. If you go, stick to mixed drinks, beer, or wine to drink. And pay with cash unless you enjoy endless post-meal lingering.

1  Thank DCBoomer

Been to Granary Tavern? Share your experiences!