“Great for drinks”
Review of Granary Tavern

Granary Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Granary Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Surface Road
Transit: The closest T stops are the Blue Line (Aquarium Station) and State Street.
Description: In search of a sun soaked patio, a truly unique dining experience or just an engaging place to socialize, the Granary Tavern on the Greenway is the answer. A place where rustic and modern elements meld seamlessly to create a casually-stylish environment.Located at the end of Milk Street, the newest addition to the Glynn Hospitality Group portfolio of restaurants and iconic hotspots is certain to impress. Making its home in the Charles Bulfinch designed building constructed in 1816, this 250 seat restaurant has two floors, two bars, exposed kitchen, patio, and panoramic al fresco style windows.The informal and welcoming atmosphere is reaffirmed with the gastronomic offerings. Locavore’s will relish the fact there is an emphasis on Slow Food principles, fresh seafood, farmer’s market produce and dynamic presentations. There is a focus on healthy preparations and locally sourced ingredients; simple comfort food concepts enhanced by contemporary accompaniments.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Granary is a great place for drinks and get togethers. The decor is unique and cool, plus there are a lot of windows. There's lots of space and the beers aren't too expensive. Servers are really nice and helpful!

Tip - gets pretty busy with the after work crowd from the Financial District, so plan ahead.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went in for lunch with my 3 kids which are very picky. The place itself is nicely designed and is very spacious. The service was attentive, courteous and relaxed in the good sense. They have kids drawing boards which kept the kids busy and entertained throughout the whole time. The attention to details is noticeable - they even have a small stool at the bathroom to let kids reach the faucet.

The restaurant is very conveniently located across the street from the New England Aquarium, making this restaurant the perfect place for eating right after visiting the Aquarium.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

It has been almost a month and I keep talking about the wedge and the clam chowder which was Gluten Free!!! loved this place the wedge had chunks of bacon and a homemade ranch dressing. The kids menu was fine but the cool part was it was on the back of an old school Etch E Sketch, which rocked!!! my son who is used to an ipad didn't know what to do with it so fun to watch.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Get the burger with egg and bacon, it was incredible! We went for lunch on a Saturday afternoon, a busy day with St. Paddy's celebrations occuring that day. We were seated quickly and our waitress was great. One of us had the burger and we all had a bite and wished we had all ordered that! Two of us had the chicken and waffles which was an amazing dish, my only complaint was that my chicken was dry, but the crust was delicious and the dish itself was tremendous with a honey maple syrup.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very loud. I mean really, amazingly, ear achingly loud. I loved the bottom level though. It felt very rustic. The menu was pretty good. We tried a flat bread pizza as a starter and it was the best part of the meal. My clam chowder was super salty. My partner's salmon dish was just okay. The potatoes and cabbage portion was overly salty and tiny. They had a great selection of beers. Our waitress was friendly. The prices were reasonable for Boston. I probably wouldn't return as it was just too loud- I left with a headache.