“Consistency says it all...”
Review of Longwood

Longwood
Ranked #616 of 3,391 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have been eating (and drinking!) here for more than four years. The restaurant/bar is clean, the staff friendly, and we are just as comfortable in a bar stool as we are bringing our three young children to eat. Our favorite bartender turned manager, Catherine, is always a hit: her professionalism, attention to detail and efficiency are a big reason we continue to return. The good selection of drinks and the grilled chicken with asparagus could sustain you for weeks....

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Drinks are downtown priced. $7 Beer and 12 cocktails. Bartender had an attitude problem and rushed us for payment before she went on break.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We ate there twice because we stayed at the Inn and this restaurant was convenient.

The first time was for dinner. We were seated right away and given menus; however, then we sat and sat and sat waiting for a server to come to our table. It was more than 20 minutes until someone came over to get our drink orders and then again, we sat and sat while we waited 10 minutes for our drinks to come -- and that was only after my husband went to the bar and complained that we were still waiting for our drinks and to place our order. The food was excellent. The service was horrible! Our waitress was waiting tables all over the place. It seemed like two or three waitresses were doing all of the work while two or three other employees just stood around talking. Management really needs to address this!

The second time we went was for breakfast and the service was much better; however, again half the staff stood around talking while the rest did all the work. The hostess could be kept busy with refilling coffee or waters when no one needs to be seated! This restaurant is badly managed!

1  Thank kmusikdi
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was at the Harvard Medical Complex for a business meeting and decided to have breakfast here. I was seated by the receptionist who told me the waitress would be right with me. There were maybe 5 occupied tables in the place and at least 3 servers. Several times a server would walk by me, appear to make eye contact, and then ignore me. After 20 minutes of not being served, an argument in the kitchen occurred among the staff. Yelling was punctuated with phrases like "do you want me to tell your daddy about this" occurred. It's only the second time in my life I have gotten up and left a restaurant.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This restaurant is conveniently located across the street from the Longwood Medical complex which gives it an almost captive audience of customers staying at the Inn at Longwood Medical. The hotel itself is less Inn and more interstate-grade motel that just happens to be in a good location. I ate here four nights in a row on a recent visit to the Joslin Clinic. The décor is a little too brightly lit wood and formica. The atmosphere is a mixture of family restaurant and sports bar. As a single diner I was prepared for inattentive service and as a captive customer I expected so-so food. I was quite surprised on both accounts. The food was consistently excellent. Salads were fresh, composed with care, and excellently dressed. Sandwiches were well made with fresh ingredients. The bread basket and olive oil dip, addictive. The turkey dinner was moist and tender, sides well prepared, and served hot. The pastrami stuffed burger, as good and decadent as it sounds. Unfortunately, the service was uniformly bad and worse than expected. It was even a topic of conversation with other patients at the clinic staying there. The servers spent a lot of time talking to each other and with friends who came into the restaurant - ignoring their customers. The time between bill and payment was very long. Interactions with the servers were awkward. Servers disappeared for very long periods of time. I, unfortunately, was in the elevator with a room service delivery -- and none of the plates were covered with plastic or covers. This hotel/restaurant is associated with a medical complex -- I could have had "anything" and easily infected all of that food. My own previous experience with their room service was different -- the food came covered with plastic wrap & lids -- but, I did not risk use of that service again after seeing that.

1  Thank Bibliocook