“Yum”

The Breakfast Club
Ranked #312 of 3,189 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Allston / Brighton
Description: For over fifteen years, The Breakfast Club has delighted the residents of Boston's Allston neighborhood. With its nostalgic diner atmosphere, The Breakfast Club brings about the feel of home with a fresh, east coast feel. The Breakfast Club is a marvelous world of generous servings, abundant flavors and enticing aromas. You'll find a steaming pot of coffee, the aroma of big breakfasts drifts in from the kitchen, juicy sausage, lean ham and crisp bacon sizzle teasingly, and simmering sauces, homemade pancakes, and toppings are being whipped up. The Breakfast Club delivers it all with smiles and good attitudes. You'll find line after line of intriguing selections all made on the spot with the freshest ingredients...fluffy eggs, select vegetables, quality meats, and crepes, to name a few. Our lunch is served all day, and features artisan sandwiches and salads that are made to order. If you are new to the Boston area and are looking for a family restaurant that serves both breakfast and lunch, stop in today. If you would like to order ahead, pick up the phone and call us! There's something for everyone at The Breakfast Club!
Concord, New Hampshire
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter and I lucked into breakfast at the Breakfast Club. We were in a hurry and were going to go to Panera, but drove by The Breakfast Club and decided to stop. Good decision. I love the old-fashioned diner vibe and the place is bright, clean and comfortable. Our waitress was very friendly and fast. We both got pancakes which were amazing. I got blueberry, my daughter got chocolate chip and we both ate every bite. Had to have the real maple syrup. We also shared a side of home fries, which were just so-so - a bit greasy and too bland. But who cares when you're eating absolutely delectable pancakes?

The hot chocolate was also excellent and they give you actual hot water for tea. I'm still dreaming of a breakfast place that will bring you a pot of boiling water for tea, but that's hard to find this side of the pond.

We'll definitely be stopping by again next time we're in the area.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank AnnieMagee

Boston, MA
“A 6 year old veteran if Breakfast Club.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The Breakfast Club is like family to us. They seen us through a new home, marriage and two babies. The waitresses are so nice. It is a great value for really yummy food. I'm a fan of the Basket Case. The milkshakes and fries are awesome too. They just added in a new addition. Doubling the occupancy. So if you haven't been in a while because it's super crowded on the weekends, check it out again. Still a line out the door but the line moves faster.

“1980's is still alive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

The names says it all. The true 80's decor of memorabilia is on every space of wall. The music plays through out your meal to keep your 1980 dream alive. Great little diner car with limited space even with the added seating, lines every weekend,packed with the school crowd, and yet worth the wait every time.Fresh made to order,pancakes, eggs, and some creative omletts, this place delivers with quality no matter the crowd. Wait staff is pleasant and attentive, cook staff is on their game. This place is a must try in the area for sure.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Mark R
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent food, questionable act”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visit The Breakfast Club often and I love their food. I do not mind waiting in the line as long as I get my delicious food. Last weekend me and my husband decided to have breakfast and went there again. We sat on the bar. Then, ordered our drinks and food, it was packed which is normal. I did not really like my drink and I wanted to get sth different. Waitress told me she might have to charge me for another drink. I told her that if she have to charge me I will stick with it but I would appreciate if you can get me sth different. 10 min later she came with another drink which I was happy about. When we get the receipt we saw she did charged for both of the drinks. I was not going to make a big deal about it but it was just a shame act for a great restaurant like this.

• Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“"Being bad never tasted so good"!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

That's the logo for this diner and it so fits the bill! Great little retro-80's diner car - it was wonderful to listen to all of the music we grew up with while eating. There is parking, but it is very limited. Anything you can imagine for breakfast or lunch is on their menu - ANYTHING. And it all tastes so good. Mostly recently I had the Crunchy French Toast - oh man, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. We must have lucked out the times we were there (always a weekday) because we never had a wait for a table. The waitresses were very friendly, fast and attentive. Curiously, the more expensive things on the menu were the salads. The burgers rock, the omeletes are divine, paninis, breakfast sandwiches, meatloaf, they have all kinds of drinks available (a lot of different teas) - you name it, they make it. And very reasonably priced. Our go-to place in Allston. Wish they were open past 2....

• Visited August 2012