“Best Steak Ever”

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steak Ever”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed in Boston, Ny and Washington DC, and ate in famous and expensive restaurants in each city. But the steaks in the Longhorn Steakhouse where by far the best, both quality and quantity! They were also very cheap compared to other places, almost half the price. It was probably the best steak I've ever had! We returned to Longhorn three times before departing. The reason we found it was we where in Best Buy when it was starting to get late and we where hungry. It was too late to rreturn back to the centre and look for something, so we saw the steakhouse. As a big steak fan, I was desperate to try it out. It turned out to be a brilliant decision! Would reccomend to all!

• Visited August 2012

Southwick, Massachusetts
“What a Lunch!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner before and have NEVER been let down. This was my first lunch attempt so my expectations were very high. I was very pleased to learn I had set the bar too low! The staff was attentive and every bit on there game as with dinner although a smaller crowd. Food was cooked to perfection and the lunch time portions were very good as well

• Visited June 2013
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“A Cut Above at a Value Price”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were in Boston near the Red Sox stadium and did not see likely places to eat besides bars pizza and fast food. Tucked on the outside of a shopping/movie theater conglomeration was a Longhorn. Even though it's a 'chain', which we rarely go to when traveling in order to have a 'local' experience, this place is great---from the decor, the greeting staff, the service, and the food. Very reasonable priced for the quality and quantity of the very well prepared food. We ended up with to-go boxes that became lunch for the next day---2 meals for the price of 1!
I had the salmon, which was excellent. My daughter had a delicious, very generous sized hamburger. They were very accomodating about substitutions. We had a salad with strawberries and nuts in it that was really, really good. Then, we topped it all off with a carrot cake that was big enough to serve 3 of us--and quite good.

• Visited May 2013
Tujunga, California
“Why pay twice as much?”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Using travel advisor for a steakhouse we kept finding places that wanted to charge $45 -50 for a filet...PUHLEEZ. We are on a 10 week roadtrip and didn't think $200 for dinner was in our budget. The Longhorn's filet was 1/2 the price and, I suspect, just as good. I was certainly as good as any we had at local steakhouses back home.
The service was fine and the ambience a steakhouse. I'm not sure what twice the $$$ would have gotten...maybe linen table clothes?
Now about that parking fee...

• Visited June 2013
Earth, Texas
“Above expectations”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

After having spend over 300 US $ for a really unsatisfactory experience at Smith & Wollensky (The Castle) only tow days before we decided to lower our expectations and also to cut some costs. Therefore we ended at Longhorn and honestly did not regret our decision. OK, it is only USDA choice and not USDA prime, but hey, even at the Capital Grille they sell you only choice (but charge you three times as much as Longhorns. By the way both chains belong to the Darden Group of Restaurants). Atmosphere is non-existing but 100 US $ will feed a family of 3 with good steaks, sides, starters and even a bottle of a decent Cabernet Sauvignon. Try the Outlaw Ribeye! Will definitely return.

• Visited May 2013