“Started off on the wrong foot, left a bad taste in my mouth”
Review of Rino's Place

Rino's Place
Ranked #126 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
“Started off on the wrong foot, left a bad taste in my mouth”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

After hearing so many raves about this place i was so excited we finally made it there lat night! As I walked into the half empty restaurant at 5:15 I thought "great, no wait". I waited for the hostess to greet me and she stood there and ignored me for a minute, it's a cramped area so someone was trying to get in the door so I moved, smiled and let him in. She then asks him "how many?" What!! Then he says he wants a table on the perimeter and will wait for one. Finally she turns to me, I tell her 2 and then she says we cn have a center table and then says, actually you can't have it. I ask how long the wait was and she said you have one party ahead of you. I said you mean the guy that came in behind me, "yes, he's really nice and lives down the street". I get taking care of your regulars but at least be discreet about it, it was the rudest interaction I have experienced. We should have left based on that but at that point didn't feel like trying to figure out somewhere else. After a 45 minute wait across the street where the waitress was really nice and the shrimp bruschetta delicious, we headed over to the restaurant. Our waitress was accommodating but not great. Breaded mozzarella was horrible, watery sauce and the pesto killed it. The lobster ravioli was great, full of lobster however, again watery sauce would have liked it creamier and it was $28.
Overall, not worth it for he service and price, Giacomo's remains our number one!

1 Thank Foodconnorsuier

Willemstad, Curacao
“Don't be fooled”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Food and service were not even close to what is said. Who dive they give the envelope of cash to to deserve what unknowing people say about this place. Have a half hour? I'll invite you upstairs to my kitchen and I can serve you food and drink twice as good and make you smile while doing it.
This place is the oposite of any of that.
Slow as I don't know what. The bar across the street is not a real bar. It's slow and rude. The service at the restaurant was worse believe it or not. The food. I already spoke on that, but seems as though this guy has his army so I'll say it again. Don't by all means don't go.
Kelly's, in eastie or go to any, I mean any of the restaurants in Winthrop Italian, or not and you'll do much better

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank MattA612
Minneapolis, MN
“Huge Flavor and Portions!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We've been trying to get to Rino's Place over the past several years on our visits to Boston and we never quite made it. This time we got there and it was worth the wait.

Rino's Place was featured on the Food Network several years ago and it really lives up to it's reputation of amazing food. The restaurant is located in a small neighborhood of East Boston, fairly close to Logan Airport. You check in at Rino's, get your name on the list and you are invited to head across the street to their bar for a beverage and nice appetizers.

Rino's itself is fairly compact and the wait is worth it. A nice seleciton of fresh made pastas and meat entrees are available. We ordered 4 pastas and all were delicious. Note - the portions were HUGE! I don't believe any of us were able to eat more than 1/3 of our portion. Needless to say, but no room for dessert.

I would highly recommend Rino's and the years of waiting were totally worth it. Staff was courteous, fun and helpful. I can't wait for my next chance to visit!

Millbury, Massachusetts
“Good things come to those who wait...”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Sign in and relax across the street at the wine bar and be patient, it's well worth it. The food at Rino's is just plain outstanding!!! I started with sharing a perfect fresh antipasto and lightly battered calamari. Then moved on to eggplant and veal parmesan with made to order pasta. The entrées are as large as the food is delicious. The service is professional and friendly. To top it all off, their wine list is exquisite. They do take reservations for parties of six, I have no idea how that works out. YES, you do have to find street parking and YES, the wait is long..... But if you want a great dining experience make Rino's Place yours!!!!!

New York City, New York
“Some really good Ravioli's”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice place to go get some quality homemade Italian food. Cost is very reasonable. Ravioli's are to die for and so are the rest of the menu items ask for the specials. Very small place and if you go less that 6 people and don't have a reservation you can wait await. A friend and I when Begining of April and waited a little over an hour around 6:30. The upside they have opened a bar accross the street where you can hang out until they call your table