“Meh”

Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I just don't like it here. It seems dirty, the food's boring, and it's just not as funky as it wants to be.

There are newer reviews for Other Side Cafe

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I instantly fell in the love with the restaurant the minute I walked out of the cold and into the warm dimly lit restaurant which had a very laid back ambiance.

We sat upstairs at a table which overlooked the downstairs part of the restaurant providing a perfect view for people watching and food gazing. We examined the very extensive restaurant menu offering typical bar favorites which can almost all be altered to be made vegan including Nachos, Taco Salad, Veggie Chili, a Buffalo Tempeh sandwich,vegan made grilled cheese, and a vegan BLT, talk about a fun selection of choices to choose from.

I decided on the Grilled cheese and Chili combo, a very delicious choice. The hearty chili was made with organic beans, tomatoes, onions, corn, and bulgur wheat it was absolutely amazing and very filling perfect for a cold winter night.

I also had a delicious grilled cheese sandwich, I can't remember the last time I had a grilled cheese and although the menu was filled with tons of delicious offerings this simple kid friendly favorite was the one thing that I found most tempting. I decided to add avocado to my grilled cheese which made it even tastier. The grilled cheese was served perfectly toasted with warm gooey Daiya vegan cheddar cheese oozing after taking the first initial bite..it's doesn't get much better than this!

Then it was dessert time and with only one dessert offering there was no question about what I was going to get, The house made raw chocolate mousse made with buttery avocado, sweet and creamy coconut oil and coco powder served with fresh fruit including sliced apples, pears, and bananas! The mousse was rich and super chocolatey, just the way I like it. Even Stacey, who was a bit tentative about trying the odd sounding dessert was pleasantly surprised by the smooth and creamy dessert.

This was definitely a delicious find, the restaurant has quite a unique concept offering up delicious a plethora of vegan and vegetarian bar food served up in a fun and relaxed ambiance perfect for a relaxed evening! There are also non vegetarian and vegan offerings for your omnivore friends. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner Monday-Sunday and offers a brunch menu on the weekends. Give this grub inspired restaurant a try the next time your in Boston!

Check out http://www.kaitsinsidedish.blogspot.com for the entire review

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Went here with two of my girlfriends, we had about a 5 minute wait before our table was ready (it's always busy here for brunch) -- the food was delivered to the table fast. Come with an appetite - the plates are huge. My egg dish was fantastic. I love the food here.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

I just heard that this place is shutting down at the end of this month. That is so sad. They have such a great location, the best vegetarian food, craft beer selection and smoothies. When I lived in Boston, I used to go often. Since moving away, I haven't been as much, but it was still awesome each time I went.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

We stopped as part of our "beer snob adventures" in Boston on a recent visit. Since we are vegetarians, we had a few appetizers wile we tried some of the different beers. Our waitres was very friendly...discussing with us some of the beer we tried and offering suggestions (and samples) of some of her favorites. When we were leaving, we learned that it is soon closing. Too bad.

1  Thank pjfarr1