“Good Food”
Review of Doyle's Cafe

Doyle's Cafe
Ranked #47 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Irish, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jamaica Plain
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I found the food to be good. I like the presentation of it. I came after my Sam Adams Beer tour through a trolley party.

There are newer reviews for Doyle's Cafe

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for lunch and enjoyed everthing about it. The bartender recommended the lobster roll and we both ordered it. I was going to order appetizers but he said the roll with fries was "more than enough", he was right!
Lobster Roll comes on thick sourdough and is so good. Sauce is light and not over-powering so you can taste the lobster. Both of us were getting full so we polished off the lobster and left some bread and fries.
Very "local" and friendly spot that is well worth it!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I went to the Sam Adams Brewery and the tour guide suggested Doyle's because it is not a long walk, has great food, a lot of Sam Adam Beer on draft, and you get a free pint glass when you ring your brewery entrance ticket. OUR TOUR GUIDE COULD NOT BE MORE ACCURATE!!! The place was great; we recommend the chowdah and the Chinese BBQ spare ribs. Our waitress was super sweet and nice. Overall, great experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We took the party trolley from the Sam Adams Brewery Tour over to Doyle's on a Monday. The trolley driver had a ton of info on the place and good recommendations. We all had the clam chowder which was the best we had on our trip. It was super creamy and delicious! They also had lobster rolls served on sourdough bread that were one of the better ones we had as well. Just make sure you either take the T or call a cab to get home because we went back to the brewery thinking we could get a cab from there and there were none, we had to wait almost a half hour.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went to the Sam Adams Brewery and the trolley took us to Doyle's. Enjoyed the tour and the driver of the trolley was lot of fun. Doyles is over 131 years old and is an Irish cafe/pub. The food selection had lots of selections at very reasonable pricies. We went to Doyles to try the Sam Adams Brick Red on draft that is only sold in the Boston Area. Doyles is a fun place for lunch and beer.Was thinking of you today.