“Excellent Food and Atmosphere”

Tangierino Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Tangierino Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #616 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Charlestown
Cross street: Monument Avenue
Transit: A 5 minute walk from Bunker hill Community College Station, 6 minutes from North End
Description: Tangierino Brasserie, located in the heart of historic Charlestown, has been a neighborhood landmark for over 15 years. We offer both seasonal authentic French cuisine and Moroccan specialties complimented by over 125 wines from around the globe, handcrafted cocktails, as well as local and international beer selections. We use the freshest and the finest ingredients, including prime beef, locally caught seafood, small farm vegetables and the widest array of the earth's most exotic spices to produce the most delicious meals in Boston
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've eaten at Tangierino twice, most recently for Restaurant Week. My first experience was marred by the arrogant twits at reception. The place was empty, completely. We came at opening and they turned us away for 30 minutes (even though they were open). Then eventually, very begrudgingly, gave us a table. The place was 30% full when we left. Excellent food and service though. I still am a bit sour.

Second experience - a friend booked it. Restaurant week menu. The bar was comfortable and the drink well done. The food was delicious and portions perfect. The belly dancing was also amazing.

So, I'm giving them 4/5. Worth a try if bar food isn't what you are looking for in C-town.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having been to a few Moroccan restaurants, including the one at Disney, and many great restaurants in California, Oregon, Illinois, mid-Atlantic ad New England I have to say this is one of the 10 best restaurants we have been to anywhere. Not only is the food eye-opening, filling and aromatic, it is abundant, and so pleasing to the palate. We started a the bar and the bartender was quite informative of the food and drinks. She opened a bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc for two of us, and let us know if we wanted it with our meal, we could buy the bottle then and it would be cheaper than another two glasses. Classy. The four of us ordered 3 appetizers, 4 main dishes and two desserts. Absolutely no complaints to any of the food, whether lamb or fish, chicken or vegetarian. Just superb. Dessert was homemade cheese cake and coffee. The service is first class (Charles) and everyone in the restaurant is "wired" to the manager. They are on top of everything. The only drawbacks are the selection of appetizers after 7 PM (no calamari - but it's not Moroccan) and the relative lack of decaf coffee and teas. BTW, all appetizers and small plates are available at the bar and 'hookah room downstairs. But the manager came to the rescue with some decaf coffee samples pending a menu change.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I don't know how authentic this place is because I've never been to Morocco but the Tagine, the duck entree and the tuna and crab cake entrees were really good. The room is really exotic and there was a belly dance number which was cool. Service was warm and professional and they seemed genuinely psyched that we were happy. I will happily visit again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We recently went here for my friend's 30th Birthday, the first thing I have to say is to just pay the $15 valet parking, this area is not an easy place to find a spot. (Would be nice if they offered a discount for people who valet, it would make it more appealing because this was an unexpected expense). They have a great....actually amazing drink menu and the bartenders know what they are doing. The food menu was also impressive, with many different options. We all picked something different (unplanned, happy coincidence) so we were able to sample each others food.

We didn't pick an appetizer, but may have if they offered something more share friendly for groups larger than 2. The entree portions are good even thought they may not seem so from first glance. We all loved what we ordered and there wasn't a morsel left behind.

I had brought a birthday cake so we didn't go with their dessert, but tried the mint tea and that was YUM!

Oh, we also had some entertainment, belly dancers. It was fun, they went around each table.

We ventured downstairs for the hookah lounge. This was a first for all of us. It was something to check off on the bucket list, but I didn't really think much of it. I did like the fact that it wasn't smokey even with the few cigars being smoked.

For something different or a spacial occasion give this place a try.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend Tangerino. I used to live in Morocco and can testify that the food was top notch and authentic. The only downside is that we didn't come in with an empty enough stomach. We had to stop eating before we wanted to!

Been to Tangierino Brasserie? Share your experiences!