“Visit Morocco in the US”

Tangierino Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Tangierino Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #617 of 3,328 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Charlestown
Cross street: Monument Avenue
Transit: A 5 minute walk from Bunker hill Community College Station, 6 minutes from North End
Description: Tangierino Brasserie, located in the heart of historic Charlestown, has been a neighborhood landmark for over 15 years. We offer both seasonal authentic French cuisine and Moroccan specialties complimented by over 125 wines from around the globe, handcrafted cocktails, as well as local and international beer selections. We use the freshest and the finest ingredients, including prime beef, locally caught seafood, small farm vegetables and the widest array of the earth's most exotic spices to produce the most delicious meals in Boston
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Though "attributed" to Boston, Tangierno is actually located in Charlestown, not too far from where the USS Constitution ("Old Ironsides," the US Navy's oldest active ship) is docked. And in so many ways Tangierino shares the distance from the US today in the same way as does Old Ironsides. The food and atmosphere, even the aromas, are authentic Moroccan (and yes, I have been to Morocco several times dating back to the 1960s) closely recreating what one would expect in an upscale "downtown" Tangiers restaurant. The food is delicious, "delectable" declared my gourmet cook wife, with wonderful, exotic spices one is not likely to encounter in many other restaurants. The tuna tartare is a truly "melt in your mouth" appetizer and the f meats are perfectly cooked and seasoned. Of course there are some differences with the flavors as compared to dining in Morocco as Tangierino uses local produce and fish, but that only adds to the dining experience. And, yes, there are belly dances, not all the most talented,, but all entertaining and good humored. And, another yes, even children can enjoy this very exotic and romantic restaurant. All in all, one of the most pleasant dining experiences we have had in a long while. ,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We travelled from RI to celebrated my wife's 40th birthday here on March 16. Our party consisted of 6 people and were seated at a secluded round table surrounded by a canopy. The food and atmosphere were excellent! Charles, who is the man by the way, hooked us up with a table in Koullshi Lounge and all I can say is we thoroughly enjoyed the vibe. The belly dancers with dollar bills hanging from their clothing was a little different, but I can't say I didn't make it rain when they came around! The bottom line...my wife enjoyed herself along with our entire party. Great first time experience and we'll be back!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in Boston celebrating his 35th birthday and went to Tangierino after enjoying a very spirited Celtics vs. Hawks basketball game. My first positive impression started when I called to say I was running late...our reservation was already a very late 11pm, so I knew we were cutting it close but they encouraged us to come in anyway, and when we arrived 15 minutes later, we were greeted by name...and it just got better.
While similar to other reviewers who stated that they were out of Brochettes, I was happy that I didn't get my heart set n something that wouldn't be available to me...all about perspective maybe...
Anyway, the lamb trio and 8 oz filet were our entrees of choice and they were both DELICIOUS!!!! Our entire waitstaff was friendly and the ambience is amazing...do yourself a favor and experience this place, but maybe don't do during the heights of the evening rush.
The flavors will not disappoint - and the atmosphere makes it worth your while!!!! Just do it.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had heard great things about the food and ambience at Tangierino, and finally booked a table this weekend.

We were very excited looking at the menu online and when we arrived the menu (although slightly different from the online one) had many of the things we were looking forward to trying. Unfortunately the very first interaction with our waitress was her telling us all (and there were several) of the menu items they were not offering that night. Then when we ordered drinks off the cocktail menu we were told that the two items we ordered were no longer made exactly as they appear on the menu, but that the waitress would ask the bartender to make them special if we really wanted them.

Ultimately none of this altered what we ordered, and when the drinks arrived they were exactly what we had wanted. The dishes we wanted to order were available and once the food started arriving the evening was very pleasant.

We had the Vegetarian Couscous and the Trio of Lamb Chops as well as the Arugula Salad and the Humus and Bread. Everything was well prepared, beautifully seasoned and appropriately presented on the plate. For desert we tried the Creme Brulee and Pyramid of Chocolate Mousse. The Mousse was very tasty, although the Brulee was a bit underwhelming.

It's not that the service was bad, it just wasn't anything special, and the many omissions and changes to the menu made us feel uncomfortable for ordering what we wanted. Still a beautifully appointed restaurant space with some quality dishes. Would recommend.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

As you can see from my profile, I frequently offer reviews on TA to help others make good choices. I have never given such a low score but our experience last night at Tangierino warrants it. It so closely mirrors the experience of other recent reviewers that I could almost cut and paste their comments and use them for our own.

Six of us made a reservation a month in advance for a 7:30 dinner at Tangierino. Four of us arrived at 7:20 and were told to go to the bar and wait for our friends. The female bartender barely acknowledged us even though the bar was close to empty. Ten minutes later, she offered us a drink. The final two guests arrived shortly after 7:30 and we were told that they would come get us when our table was ready. At 8:15 p.m., my husband went to the host and asked the status of our table. They said 5 to 10 minutes. At 8:30, the hostess came to us at the bar, told us that they had a great table for us and that it would be a couple of minutes more wait. At 8:45, my husband inquired again and they told him that they gave our table away!!! Finally at 9:00 p.m., we were seated at a good table--90 minutes later than our reservation!

I have no complaint about the food except that quite a few menu items (including all of the brochettes) were not available by the time we we seated.

While we were waiting at the bar, I was shocked that they did not buy us a round of drinks after they told us they had given our table away. So I assumed that something would be comped on the bill. NOTHING WAS!

Look, everyone makes mistakes. It's how you handle mistakes that sets establishments (and people) apart. The staff at Tangierino should have been much more apologetic for their mistake and should have comped us something to take the sting away.

Given that this problem has happened with great frequency lately, I would encourage other diners to find a better place to eat. We will not return.