“Never Again.”

Tangierino Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Tangierino Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #472 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Moroccan, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Charlestown
Cross street: Monument Avenue
Transit: A 5 minute walk from Bunker hill Community College Station, 6 minutes from North End
Description: Tangierino Brasserie, located in the heart of historic Charlestown, has been a neighborhood landmark for over 15 years. We offer both seasonal authentic French cuisine and Moroccan specialties complimented by over 125 wines from around the globe, handcrafted cocktails, as well as local and international beer selections. We use the freshest and the finest ingredients, including prime beef, locally caught seafood, small farm vegetables and the widest array of the earth's most exotic spices to produce the most delicious meals in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Never Again.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Ok let me start ...We have eaten here many times and every time in the past has been a wonderful experience...This visit we had a 8:30 reservation, and there were 6 of us in our party but four of us got there at 7:30 to socialize and enjoy the bar.
The bar was not busy and yet we were ignored by the bar staff...we took it in stride and were happy to get our own drinks for the table. The last two members of our party arrived one of them wearing a hat, asked to have it checked and the host (who needs to work on his customer service skills like he does on his Salvatore Dali like mustache.) told them that not only could he not safeguard the hat but gave a remark questioning why it should be expected.
We got seated at 9:35 for our 8:30 reservation...Four of the entrées arrived together and after 20min with no sign of the remaining two meals...our waitress checked in with the table...she had no idea the meals had never come. She apologized and told us the kitchen had forgotten and were in the process of getting them out to us ...another 20min later... (now 40min after the first 4 meals arrived)...the missing entrées arrived ...cold.
We voiced our concerns to the waitress and she told us she would alert the manager to the experience...When the bill arrived not only was there not one show of consideration but the manager ...a woman who refused to give her name and just referred to herself as "the manager" told us that "things happen, sometimes the kitchen is off and there is nothing we can do for you".
Needless to say...we will NEVER be back and we will make sure that no one else is either.

Boston
“Never again”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had 8:30pm reservations. We weren't seated until 9:00pm. Apps were good, belly dancers were fun. When dinner arrived, only 4 of the 6 main courses arrived. We waited, and waited...and finally our waitress came to check in - she had no idea that we were missing 2 of our dinners...she came back a few minutes later to apologize that the kitchen "forgot" to make them and they would be out as soon as possible. Four of us were mostly done eating by the time the other meals arrived. We passed on dessert. When the check arrived there was no concession on the bill. When we asked them about the bill.....they said we could have a complimentary dessert or nothing. All the manager had to do was knock something off the bill to save the situation. Stupid move. Our bill was over $450 + tip! Food was good but we will NEVER go back again.

Nassington, United Kingdom
“A table for one on saturday night?!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Turning up alone on a Saturday night before heading home from a business trip you shouldn't expect too much but I managed to get a table in the bar and wow was I glad. The fisherman's soup was a meal in itself and so so tasty - I've not had anything like it before. A must have. Followed by the boneless rib and seven vegetable couscous - stunning. I stuck with the 'old world' part of the menu since I was in a Moroccan restaurant but was sorely tempted by the tuna and other things on the 'new world menu'. The place was buzzing, staff were really friendly. Shame I didn't get to see the main restaurant which was themed and looked really cosy. A place to bring friends next time!

Ontario, Canada
“Unexpectedely Exotic in Charlestown”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed in Charlestown and were walking in the neighbourhood. This place looked interesting so we tried it without a reservation.

Our "room" was a curtain-lined booth with (I think) a mirror on the ceiling. The food and drinks were very Moroccan and very delicious. It was a full evening of eating, drinking and, of course, belly dancing. All good family fun (we were all invited to dance along with her).

Good for kids 6+ (it's not a fast meal, expect to take a few hours).

• Visited August 2012
Salem, NH
“Fabulous Flair”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our friends invited my husband and I to accompany them to Tangierinos as they had a gift certificate. We had 7pm reservations on a Saturday night and got there a little early so we had a drink in the bar beforehand. The bartender was very knowledgable and made us some delicious drinks (my favorite was the Moroccan Mojito, yummy). When our table was ready we were seated at a low style loveseat type area with a large low glass round table between the two couples. This was a very different type of dinning than we had even had and we loved it. There were lots of pillows and fabric draped all around and it was very fitting for the type of ambiance that went with the Morrocan theme of the restaurant. We ordered more drinks and then a waiter came with a large wash basin towels and water and we each washed our hands before dinner at the table! The appetizers where incredible, Merguez and Chicken Bstila were brought and devoured by the four of us. Then our meals came in these covered ceramic bowls which the waiters took the covers off to reveal the main courses. I must say my Moroccan Eggplant took the longest to bring out and I waited about 5 minutes after everyone had already received their meals. The waiters apologized and were very attentive. I am surprised as I read the other reviews as we had 4 or 5 people hovering over us for the 2 hours we dined. Almost at the end of the meal we could hear the belly dancer getting closer to our table. When she finally came to our table we thoroughly enjoyed her dance. We finished our drinks and meal and as we were about to leave she came dancing back to our table, I only wished she had us dance wtih her, our husbands loved the show and I wished I could move like that!
All in all it was a wonderful eveing and we are so glad out friends invited us along. It was rather pricey but I think a venue like this is not for everyone and especially children. This is not the type of restaurant that serves chicken fingers or hambugers, this is a dining experience. We valeted the vehicle and picked up the bar tab which cost us about $125 for 8 drinks and a car park. I can't tell what the meal bill was but I think it was north of $200.
We tried to enter the lounge downstairs, Koullshi but here was a 1 hour wait so we never made it in. Maybe next time we are in town.

• Visited October 2012