Tasca Tapas Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Allston / Brighton
Description: Tasca has been around since 1995 and over the years has won an abundance of accolades including Best Romantic, Best affordable and Best Tapas Restaurant in Boston. We are best known for being the best romantic affordable restaurant in the Brighton/Allston /Brookline area. All our 36 tapas are priced below $10, most being in the $5 to $8 price point. We are famous for our paellas, offering three….a seafood, a vegetarian and a meat option. All are priced under $20 and perfect for sharing. We also have 12 other entrees, all priced under $20. The great thing about a Tapas restaurant is that you can graze on many small dished and share among friends, or dine in the traditional way of an appetizer and entrée. All diets are accommodated as we have lots of vegetarian options and even have a gluten free menu. We offer daily seasonal specials, 20 craft beers, an extensive wine list comprising mostly of Spanish wines… starting at only $19 a bottle. We always offer a white, pink pomegranate and our famous red sangria by the glass or pitcher. What sets up apart is the vibe. We have no televisions. Our clientele is either young and hip or young at heart. Every Sunday we have a classical guitarist and occasionally we have live flamenco shows. Tasca is perfect for large and small parties alike as we have something to fit everybody's taste. Getting to Tasca is easy as we are located on Commonwealth Ave, half way between BC and BU. We are on the GREEN LINE (Washington Street Stop) and offer $6 valet parking.
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We arrived when it opened which was good because it filled up quickly. The tapas we ordered (a grilled brie and a sausage sampler) were excellent. We also ordered entrees, which I would not do again because the tapas were just oh so good. The interior design is beautiful muted terra cotta shades with lovely artwork. The only problem was that one of the three of us ordered the paella which came out at least 15 minutes after the other entrees. It was awkward, and almost made us be late for a concert.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was my second visit to the restaurant, but it had been a while since my first visit because the first time wasn't great either. I was hoping I would have a better experience the second time around, but it was the worst experience I've ever had in a restaurant.

I made our reservation online, and showed up 10 minutes early to be on the safe side. The hostess said that they didn't have our reservation because they hadn't printed out an updated list of reservations. She also said that it would be a 30-45 minute wait because they were too busy, and she added us to the bottom of the waitlist. Being that they didn't honor our reservation and we had to wait a long time, I expected to be given drinks at the bar while we waiting. Instead the manager had us stand in the middle of the crowded entrance where servers were trying to bring food to the tables at the front, and many other diners were standing because the bar was full.

We were then seated at a table that was stuck awkwardly by the emergency exit door, half extending out into the walkway. Members of the staff kept opening the exit door, which brought a rush of cold winter air over out table.

Our server was nice, but when we ordered 2 tapas as appetizers and 2 entrees to come after, she brought everything at the same time, and only 1 entree, because apparently she thought we were sharing. I asked her to hold the entree in the kitchen until the 2nd one was ready to keep it warm. When the 2 entrees came out 45 minutes later, one was stone cold and dry.

While we were eating out entrees, members of the staff began rearranging the tables and chairs, and created a lot of noise and disturbance. They were shouting, and dragging the furniture on the floor creating a terrible screeching sound.

The furniture was rearrange to accommodate a bachelorette party, and the chair at the end of their table was directly behind me and to the side. When their party (which arrive over an hour late and with far more people than reserved) arrived and was seated, I was literally dumping elbows with the girl at the end of their table.

Not surprisingly the girls erupting into a cacophony. They were standing, walking around, shouting across the table - it was a nightmare. Everyone in the restaurant stopped their conversations and stared at the party that had taken over the restaurant. I couldn't stay there a minute longer and decided to skip dessert.

The management apologized for the disturbance, but it was not at all sincere. Of course no courtesies or gestures were made by means of an apology for a terrible night. I would have expected some kind of discount. Needless to say I will never be back. Anyway, the tapas at Dalia in Somerville is much better.

3  Thank Paul T
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I am a big fan of tapas and this restaurant did not disappoint. The interior is very authentic and true to a Spanish restaurant, with warm decoration and wooden tables. The server was very friendly and efficient.

The menu offers just under 40 different tapas. We tried 8 of them and not one disappointed! The meals are very affordable, filling and satisfying.

I would visit again when in town.

1  Thank SATraveller25
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Good variety of tapas, some definitely more flavor than others. My only complaint was a little blandness on some of the meat dishes. Sangria (red and white) was delicious and packed a punch. Beautiful presentation of dishes. Gazpacho is not to be missed.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Sorry, my French is more passable than my Spanish. Ate there with family -- 20's daughters and two parents -- on a cold December eve. The dining room is wonderful -- lovely classic Spanish paintings on the walls, beautifully illuminated, comfortable seating, acoustics are such that we could all converse comfortably with virtually no noise intrusion from other, well-spaced tables, and the architecture of the ceilings and walls was interesting and appealing. Sangria (white) was some of the best all of us had ever had. We tried some of the tapas for appetizers and had real main courses: food was good, but not great. The overall experience, however, was terrific.