“Awful service, terrible and disgusting meals in a nice atmosphere”

Stockyard Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Stockyard Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #163 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Allston / Brighton
Cross street: Guest street
San Diego, California
“Awful service, terrible and disgusting meals in a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Went as a family for lunch on a Saturday and aside from the elderly bar patrons watching college football the place was empty. That should have been our first hint.

We were sat in a booth in the back and a young (16-18 yr) waitress took our order, in 3 parts (drinks, appetizer, meal) across a span of 15 minutes. She tended to get lost on the way to the kitchen 40 feet away. We asked for milk for my wife's tea 3 times before she brought it.

I had lobster bisque (cold), but good and steak tips (cold), but tasty. My daughter had swordfish (over cooked and rubbery). My wife had a French Dip roast beef sandwich (rancid mayonnaise which literally stank and the roast beef was full of fat and gristle).

We told the waitress about the mayonnaise and told her to tell the chefs before they sickened someone. Her response was to bring out a fresh roll and say sorry. No manager, no chef to apologize, no compensation, nothing but the check.

The bar seems like a nice place to watch a game with a group of geriatric gentleman if you like that sort of crowd, but be sure to eat somewhere else before you go or the experience might just kill you.

• Visited January 2012

• Turkish first
buffalo, ny
“Insulting Service Boring Food”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I don't want to be mean but they asked for it. Empty huge restaurant, three in the afternoon. My husband and I took our college aged son to lunch. Seater takes us across the empty restaurant to seat us next to the toilet. Thanks. I gracefully turned that down. He took us across the empty restaurant again, to seat us next to the bussing station where they toss dirty plates..Thanks again. I found us an ok booth. Waiter ignored me and my son, talked exclusively to my husband. Had to beg for water. Bread basket not refilled. Son missed his window of opportunity to beg for water or soda so he was just stuck. Surf and turf turned out to be a slab of prime rib with three shrimp. Really? Who knew the light chicken medallions would turn out to be dry and deep fried under a gob of mozzarella? Not me. Overpriced and impaired.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Maui2soon
Holliston, Massachusetts
“Absulitly Tereble”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My family went to this resturant because it was my sons favorite, (not anymore). We took him there for his graduation from Wentworth on Sunday. I dont even know where to start. I guess right off the bat the waiter just dropped off glass and a picture of water I had to pour all the glass of water for my family myself terrable. Secound we orded two steaks medium and the other two medium rare they come to us totally oppisite than what we orded? The baked potatos were not even cooked. I could go on and on and lastly the waitress was horrible and the end of our dinner we addressed how our dinners must have been mixed up she simply said I lost the slip I know I put them in the computer the right way. No SORRY or nothing and just walked out. So let me guess would it be the chefs falut.? So I will rate Stockyard Terrable but is was worse than that. Dont waist your money.

• Visited August 2011
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Everything is deep fried beyond recognition”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This restaurant served me the worst hamburger that I have ever attempted to eat. I asked for medium and it came totally blackened on the outside so that I couldn't bite into it and had to slice it apart with a steak knife. The inside was totally gray, and just gross. The waiter didn't come to check on us, and was extremely inattentive. It seems that he was turned off the moment said we just wanted water and couldn't be bothered to do any more than the bare minimum after that. He offered to send for another hamburger, but at that point, all I wanted was it taken off of the bill.

For a place that was not crowded, the service was horrible. Slow, slow, slow. It took almost 10 minutes for our order to be taken, and then quite a long time for the food to come out. As I said before, the waiter never even checked with us to see if the food was okay. He noticed that my boyfriend was finished and came over to give us the bill, and that's when I was finally able to tell him about the hamburger. I would have flagged him down earlier, but after he delivered our food, we didn't see him anywhere in the area again.

• Visited March 2011
County Galway, Ireland
“I like the place”
Reviewed March 21, 2011

This is the closest steak house to my brother in laws so I visit at least once a year last November i was in Boston for 6 nights and ate there 3 times.
The bar area is very impressive with 4 large screens showing sports the food is great and the service is normally good.

• Visited November 2010

Been to Stockyard Restaurant? Share your experiences!