“Great Sunday Prix Fixe”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ten Tables

Ten Tables
Reserve with OpenTable
Ten Tables is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #614 of 3,185 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Jamaica Plain
Cross street: Pond St.
Transit: Green St orange line; 39 bus on Ct Street and Pond Street
Stouffville Ontario
“Great Sunday Prix Fixe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

When we reserved there, they made a point of telling us that their regular menu was not available--that there was only e three course (with four choices each) to choose from. This was certainly not a big deal, as there was something there for any taste I would think. The fish cake app was amazing, but as big as a hamburger! My wife didn't finish it for fear of not being able to finish her main. The fish was good, but not life changing. The desert -- the chocolate terrine with sea salt and Thai basil ice cream was outstanding. Apparently it's their signature dessert, and rightfully so. It's a pretty small place, so I would highly recommend making a reservation.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Impeccable, unpretentious gem of a restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

My third visit to this restaurant and I loved it as much as ever. Reading some recent reviews, certainly avoid Ten Tables if things like ice in your water or size of portion are criteria for judging a meal. But if you like creative, perfectly flavored food with as much thought given to texture as taste, freshness as appearance, this should be a destination for you. I had the chacaca cocktail, the boudin blanc, and the bluefish, all of which were wonderful, not exactly sure how they got the crunch in the bluefish, but it was terrific. Both the pork and the plank steak were also equally admired. The service, while discreet, is attentive, nobody's asking you every five minutes if your food is delicious, they seem to know that it must be. I love the quiet self-assurance of this place, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves small foodie-orientated restaurants. It was absolutely full on a Monday night, so I'm obviously not alone in my admiration of Ten Tables.

Boston
“Attentive service - average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

First time @ 10 Tables - reserved mid week & still full. Good wine & beer - Hors d'ouvres were good but a little too much salt - most main courses "OK". Overpriced . Expected far superior experience. Tables too small in the bar area for 4.

Northumberland
“Wonderful food,first class service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

M stey husband,myself and family friend had an excellent meal.Yes it was very busy,but(Heraldo)is that not a good sign,usually means it's worth a little noise! We were in Boston for a family wedding,and not directly involved with last-minute rehearsal,saw this restaurant on the way back from "the Pond",called in to reserve a table,and although we were told they were fully booked,the man my husband spoke to asked if we would mind sitting at a window table in the bar area.As one of our favourite pastimes is people watching,we were fine with that!The meal was perfect,two of us had fish-no faults with it at all,and the seared steak my husband had was very very tasty.Washed down with a super bottle of wine,and followed by two beautiful sweets and cheese,we left feeling very satisfied.Compliments to the very friendly and not overly attentive young man who served us..

• Visited July 2012
Massachusetts
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

The charcuterie was sparse, the fish horribly salty and tough. Slightly redeemed by fresh salad plate. No ice or lemon in water. I don't know why it has such good reputation. The place is incredibly crowded together and noisy.