“Impeccable, unpretentious gem of a restaurant”
Review of Ten Tables

Ten Tables
Reserve with OpenTable
Ten Tables is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #613 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Neighborhood: Jamaica Plain
Cross street: Pond St.
Transit: Green St orange line; 39 bus on Ct Street and Pond Street
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My third visit to this restaurant and I loved it as much as ever. Reading some recent reviews, certainly avoid Ten Tables if things like ice in your water or size of portion are criteria for judging a meal. But if you like creative, perfectly flavored food with as much thought given to texture as taste, freshness as appearance, this should be a destination for you. I had the chacaca cocktail, the boudin blanc, and the bluefish, all of which were wonderful, not exactly sure how they got the crunch in the bluefish, but it was terrific. Both the pork and the plank steak were also equally admired. The service, while discreet, is attentive, nobody's asking you every five minutes if your food is delicious, they seem to know that it must be. I love the quiet self-assurance of this place, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves small foodie-orientated restaurants. It was absolutely full on a Monday night, so I'm obviously not alone in my admiration of Ten Tables.

There are newer reviews for Ten Tables

Reviewed August 10, 2012

First time @ 10 Tables - reserved mid week & still full. Good wine & beer - Hors d'ouvres were good but a little too much salt - most main courses "OK". Overpriced . Expected far superior experience. Tables too small in the bar area for 4.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

M stey husband,myself and family friend had an excellent meal.Yes it was very busy,but(Heraldo)is that not a good sign,usually means it's worth a little noise! We were in Boston for a family wedding,and not directly involved with last-minute rehearsal,saw this restaurant on the way back from "the Pond",called in to reserve a table,and although we were told they were fully booked,the man my husband spoke to asked if we would mind sitting at a window table in the bar area.As one of our favourite pastimes is people watching,we were fine with that!The meal was perfect,two of us had fish-no faults with it at all,and the seared steak my husband had was very very tasty.Washed down with a super bottle of wine,and followed by two beautiful sweets and cheese,we left feeling very satisfied.Compliments to the very friendly and not overly attentive young man who served us..

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The charcuterie was sparse, the fish horribly salty and tough. Slightly redeemed by fresh salad plate. No ice or lemon in water. I don't know why it has such good reputation. The place is incredibly crowded together and noisy.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We have had excellent meals at Ten Tables, but tonight something was missing. My husband had a seafood stew that overwhelmed the couscous so that it was more like soup. My tagliatelle with pork, olives and anchovies was tasty - but dry. All the ingredients were there for very good dishes, but it just did not materialize. We compared the meal to other, less known places we have eaten recently, and it did not measure up. The menu overall was uninspiring and we were left struggling for what we did choose. This won't stop us from returning, but was the chef off tonight?