“Great food and great prices!”
Review of Canestaro's - CLOSED

Canestaro's
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
West Springfield, MA
“Great food and great prices!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We like to eat here before the Red Sox games. It is within a short walking distance to Fenway Park on a residential side street. Very relaxing atmosphere...nice and clean and good food and service.

• Visited May 2011

Pittsburgh
“Cute place, decent food”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

The place is very cute. It's located on a quiet side street in Fenway. Almost looks out of place because it's surrounded solely by apartment buildings. We went on a Friday night at 7. We didn't have to wait for a table. Delicious bread was delivered after we ordered.

I ordered the chicken parm, which was a little disappointing. It was basically frozen chicken tenders covered in sauce and cheese. The pasta was a tad overcooked, but the sauce was good. It wasn't what I was expecting, but it was okay. My friends seemed to enjoy their food alot.

The place is small and very cozy. I loved the atmopshere. The staff was friendly too. I would probably go back to give it another try.

1 Thank Becky8908
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“A great Fenway area find for before or after a Sox game”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Hoping to avoid the crowds in the Kenmore Square eateries, we met friends here for dinner before a recent game and were very pleased with the choice. We had bruschetta, subs, and pizza, along with wine and beer. The food was basic, but good, service was friendly, and it was a reasonably priced and enjoyable place for a pre-game meal. We ate inside because there was a threat of rain, but they have a nice outside seating area. Because they're located at the end of Peterboro Street near the Fens, we decided to take advantage of $12 game parking in the garage on Dalton Street (just up from Boylston Street, across from the Hynes Convention Center), as it wasn't a long walk from there. We'll be back next time we're in Boston for a game!

Brooklyn , NY
“Delicious pasta. Good prices. Friendly atmosphere. A Gem.”
Reviewed January 28, 2009

We were so happy to discover Canestaro's - tucked away on Peterborough St. in the Fenway. The food was fabulous -- really better than I would have expected from the unassuming look of this little neighborhood hideaway. It's really close to Fenway Park on a quaint side street. Our pastas were great the sauces were wonderful - I had the Spinach gnocchi and my friend had the Pollo Classico both were fantastic -- you can tell that they use fresh herbs and good ingredients. And the pasta was cooked perfectly. (Most restaurants overcook it, especially gnocchi , which really bugs me -- but not here, it was fabulous). The service was friendly and they really made us feel at home - a really nice neighborhood place - looks like a nice place for families. They do lot of pizzas too. Prices were good -- we highly recommend it and will go here again next time we make it to Boston.

WV
“Nice Family Friendly”
Reviewed November 1, 2008

This place is a nice neighborhood Italian restaurant. It is not convenient to the T in Boston, so plan on using the bus or walking. We were staying near the Prudential center, and it was about a 15-20 minute walk. I found Boston somewhat difficult to navigate, and this place seemed a little bit harder to find than Google Maps indicated.

We were looking for a decent, family friendly restaurant in Boston, which wouldn't break the bank. We found it. I had the chicken picatta, which I recommend. My husband had the spaghetti margherita, which he said was allright. It wasn't anything special, but good. The kids split a side salad, which was huge and fresh. We finished up with a piece of Boston Creme Pie. It's not made on site, but it was good.

This small, neighborhood restaurant represents what I like most about big cities.