“Best beer selection around!”
Review of Sunset Grill & Tap

Sunset Grill & Tap
Ranked #432 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Allston / Brighton
Description: Something is always brewing at Best of Boston's Award-winning beer bar. Here you will find the largest selection of beer on the east coast -- 113 taps and 380 microbrews as well as exotic imports. Join our beer club and earn rewards while enjoying every kind of beer under the sun. Take advantage of the yards, cask-conditioned beer, flight samples, vintage and new beers, seasonals, ciders, and more. We also features Boston largest selection of meads. Our extensive menu is served until 1am, and includes Boston's award-winning steam beer burgers and famous curly fries, original buffalo wings and giant nachos. Still hungry? Try our juicy BBQ steak tips, grilled fish, homemade pastas, tender Yankee ribs or our sizzling fajitas. Come in to Sunset Grill & Tap today and see what all the fuss is about. We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

First off, parking can be pretty annoying here. If you can manage to find a decently close spot, you may be faced with a lengthy wait/line. This place is ALWAYS hopping. If you're waiting a while, you are able to go upstairs to their lounge and play pool/ order drinks and appetizers.

The menu provides a massive selection of appetizers and meal options. But the beer menu is by far the best around! They are the only restaurant I know about locally that has over 100 beers on tap at all times! They change their beers with the season, so you can't always count on the same drink options. My favorite thing they do, which I know is not exclusive to Sunset, is the flight. The flight provides you the selection of any 4 draft beers, that you get I think 6oz glasses of, with each labeled. This is a cool way to try out multiple different kids of beers! Whenever I go here, it's usually because I have a craving for a new beer!

One con for me is that there tends to be a veryyyy young crowd here, as there are many colleges around the area. Can get annoying and loud!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The rating here is entirely for the selection of beer they have. I have yet to actually eat food here, so I can't attest to that. They have a vast selection of both draft and bottled beer. Once I even got an awesome flight sampling of mead. The service was good, but not astoundingly memorable.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

First off, the beer selection is off the charts. If you're looking for a large draft and bottle selection, this place is for you. Try to get a seat at the bar since the table service is poor. Large food selection too, but I've had nothing other than mediocre food here. Not a bad choice for a pre-show meal if you're going to the Paradise (about 1/2 mile away).

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Its a nice place and they have amazing Nacho's. Food portions are generous and very well priced. Beer Selection is huge and you may get lost, best is to go by the category or go for the platter

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Cannot argue with the beer selection. I must make a negative point about part of the service we received, a pedantic chap called Jake I think. There were no spare 'whole' tables for our group of eight, we found a table of four plus a couple graciously moved their bags so the rest could perch on their table for six . 'Er please stand up from table sir' in a matter of fact way, you cannot sit on that customers table'. They are drinking, not eating , they invited us. No jake repeats the sentence emotionless, matter of fact. Rules is rules. It was very irritating but once we sat down on our 'own' table, we tried various beer selections, were served the wrong beers. Overall, ok. But jake...loosen up.

Been to Sunset Grill & Tap? Share your experiences!