“Great beer bar”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Allston / Brighton
Description: Something is always brewing at Best of Boston's Award-winning beer bar. Here you will find the largest selection of beer on the east coast -- 113 taps and 380 microbrews as well as exotic imports. Join our beer club and earn rewards while enjoying every kind of beer under the sun. Take advantage of the yards, cask-conditioned beer, flight samples, vintage and new beers, seasonals, ciders, and more. We also features Boston largest selection of meads. Our extensive menu is served until 1am, and includes Boston's award-winning steam beer burgers and famous curly fries, original buffalo wings and giant nachos. Still hungry? Try our juicy BBQ steak tips, grilled fish, homemade pastas, tender Yankee ribs or our sizzling fajitas. Come in to Sunset Grill & Tap today and see what all the fuss is about. We look forward to seeing you!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great beer bar”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Never actually had the food - just come for the 100+ different beers on tap. Always something to suit our desires. Love this place!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank parker617

Highland Lakes, New Jersey
“Nice Place, Cute Waitresses, OK Food, Mediocre Service”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My friend and I went to the Sunset Grill for dinner this past Friday. He has a severe allergy to onions, and ordered a burger and salad with no onions. I ordered a well done Cowboy Burger, with barbecue sauce and bacon, fries, and a house salad. We're a couple of "mature" married men, but we couldn't help but notice the cute girls working there. Our waitress was very pretty and very pleasant, but she did not write our order down. My friend's burger arrived with a huge slice of red onion on top. He sent it back. The manager came over and apologized, and he personally brought the burger back sans onion. My burger arrived and it was not well done at all, and there was very little barbecue sauce on top. We were a bit pressed for time, as my friend's band was playing across the street at the Brighton Music Hall, so I ate half the burger, we paid our tab and left. Obviously, our waitress messed up our order. Maybe she wouldn't have if she had written it down. I doubt I'd go back to this place. There are too many good restaurants in Boston to waste time at the Sunset Grill.

• Visited January 2012
Hackensack, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a Boston Feel!”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

LOVED THIS PLACE ! We spent the first night here and we loved it! It could be a little pricey, but all the more worth it. The food's amazing, the atmosphere is great, and I highly recommend getting your own yard of beer!

Visited November 2011
Charlton, New York
“Huge menu and beer list, huge portions”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Three of us had an early dinner at the Sunset Grill on a Saturday. I was somewhat overwhelmed by all the menu options, which included burgers, pizzas, chicken wings, tacos and enchiladas, salads, soups, pasta, etc. There's something for everyone here, even vegetarians. Wish we had a place like this in our town.

While I tried to decide what to order, we shared the Meditteranean Spinach & Artichoke Dip as an appetizer. The plate was HUGE; we barely made a dent in it before our entrees arrived. I had veggie and black bean tacos that were excellent - lots of flavor. My dining companions had a chicken quesadilla and one of the specials, something with catfish. As with the appetizer, the portions were huge. Everyone enjoyed their meals.

I'd definitely visit this restaurant again if I'm in the area. Service was very good, too. Previous reviewers commented on the noise level, but it probably depends on what time of day you visit, as it was not a problem for us.

• Visited November 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Beer!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Sunset Grill and Tap is a place to go only if you would like to drink beer with your friends, even try new beers! They have a super wide selection and very helpful servers.
The ribs are very good. My friend got something mexican (which is supposed to be there specialty) but it was gross. Another one of us got the ocean burger and she would not stop talking about how delicious it was! The pizza is also amazing!!
Not really a family place.

• Visited December 2010