“Amazing pizza, grumpy staff”
Review of Santarpio's Pizza

Santarpio's Pizza
Ranked #133 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: East Boston / Logan Airport
Reviewed November 7, 2013

But service was prompt! What can I say, I got a hot delicious pizza in a reasonable amount of time for a great price. I would go back again...who cares if they don't smile. They have wood booths to sit in, the atmosphere is sort of raw...like very real and down to earth.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were staying at a hotel just three or four blocks away. I had scanned reviews prior to our trip and with two kids pizza is a good bet.

We arrived about 7:00 PM on a Friday night. It was busy but we did not have to wait. There appeared to be a small wait when we left. I had read comments abut slow service. That was not our experience. Though the server must have thought it was a bit slow. She brought us a plate with a thick slice of bread and some cherry tomatoes. The pizza arrived a couple of minutes later.

The pizza was very good. Much better than I can find in our little burb. Had we stayed a couple of more nights we would have probably returned.

Beer is available and served cold. Cash only

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Santarpo's is a simple restaurant, serving mainly pizza. But they are só good at that!
Thin crust, good filling: exactly as it should be.
It is not in the 'little italy' area in Boston but close to the Airport metrostation. a real neighborhood restaurant where the staff know most of the customers.
Strangers like us shared in the fun and jokes, so we really felt welcome!

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

First, ALWAYS expect a line to get a table. Yes, it is worth the wait (I've waited a hour for a table). Seating at the bar is my best place!

Second, you do not a menu. They only have 3 items:

Pizza (only one size, pick toppings)
Lamb (grilled chunks)
Sausage (grilled)

I get a pizza and two orders of lamb, eat half of the Pizza, and head back to the hotel with the lamb for later.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Having had pizza from all over, I had hopes when I came to Boston. My first two attempts in the city (Galleria Humberto and Pizzeria Regina), while very good, did not yield legendary results. Only one stop awaited me and it was a quick pick-up on the way to the airport on the way out of town.

Fortunately for me, that stop was Santarpio's Pizza.

Its pizza is perfect. Well balanced and perfectly cooked, my co-worker and I ate the whole thing in the airport and kept eating well after we were full as none of this pie would touch a trashcan. In fact, when a stranger's eyes lingered too long on the pizza, my co-worker none too casually closed the box to the unwanted covetous stares.

The sauce is a perfect mix of tomatoes and spices. Minimally cooked, the chunks of tomato were still evident. The acidity made a perfect counter-weight to the full flavor of the cheese and the salty bite of the pepperoni. The sausage was a subtle flavor and not the overpowering flavor that too often makes me reluctant to get sausage on a pizza. Crusts is crunchy chewy perfection.

Among my top pizzas of all time. Please, take the time to make it out there and enjoy yourself.

Also, please note that the Boston location is CASH ONLY.

Been to Santarpio's Pizza? Share your experiences!