“Great Italian QSR”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighborhood: North End
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Think of this as Panera meets the North End. The food is pretty good - - remember, it has to be pre-made - - fast, and inexpensive. The egg and potato sandwich is classic Italian - - and just perfect. A great place to eat if you only have 30 minutes or less.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I travel into the city a lot and every chance I get to venture out for lunch I stop here and then down the street for some "pastry".

II Panino Express is not only very quick but the food is EXCELLENT - very thing is fresh and homemade (that I have tried). The staff is quick and friendly. The place is extremely CLEAN which is really important to me......

A few of my favorites: Chicken Parm pasta and sub, Meatball Sub........I can't wait for my next visit.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Every night in the North End does not have to be special. Living in the neighborhood a quick bite or a simple meal is all one needs. A bustling and lound restuarant with a great staff. Order the eggplant P. not the sandwich. Huge portion shared by two and it tasted tomtally fresh and homemade. A satisfying meal on a Tuesday night in the North End of Boston. Nothing fancy ..no table clothes..wait in line and order...

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was showing my sisters, from N.Y., around Boston and we were in the North End at lunchtime. We decided to have some pizza at Il Panino Express and thoroughly enjoyed our food!! Quick and delicious!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Just had an easy, relaxed meal here. Warm evening and the windows open on to the street. Took all the leftovers home in a huge pizza box.