“First time but not last”
Review of Al Dente

Al Dente
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Dente is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 3,295 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This was our first time at this restaurant but certainly not the last. If you are looking for a foo foo place this is not it. But the wait staff is fantastic, food excellent and portions huge. It's a warm and homey restaurant without pretense. Excellent value for the quality of food served. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank SBrand-12

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I felt like I was visiting a relative by dining at Al Dente. The friendliest, most efficient staff I have ever encountered in a restaurant. The food was incredible & the service even better. The Chilean sea bass was superb & the rest of our party raved about the veal parmagian & chicken bona boca (sp?). Antipasto app is enough for 4 people. If I had a complaint it would only be that I have had much better bread in an Italian restaurant but everything else made up for it!!

1  Thank Irene W
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I've eaten here twice now and will be going back. The food is outstanding, the price is perfect, and the service is superb! Ask for Margie. She's great!!!

2  Thank DaleAtlanta
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Ate at El Dente with 7 other people. The food and service was excellent. My friend and I had a lasagne and it was definitely the nicest, most authentic that we had every eaten. Superb.
The waitress was really nice, friendly and obliging.
The only downside was the restaurant was not warm, primarily due to the door allowing cold air in each time somebody entered or left. We were all sitting with our coats around our knees. However, it was an exceptionally cold time in Boston, but it was fabulous.

1  Thank smokeyCork
Reviewed January 2, 2014

From making the reservation to the parting goodbye, Al Dente invites you into their dining room and you become family. I shouldn't be surprised every visit....but each time I am reminded why i always choose to eat here first, while in the North End. The food is consistently superb traditional Italian fare, the atmosphere is not the attraction but each and every server along with Michael, the floor manager, demonstrate perfection in service and comfort. Our last visit was on New Year's Eve - we changed our party number twice - and they were so accommodating with the increasing number in our party (finally topping out at 14). I've never been to Al Dente when the restaurant wasn't full, but the service has never lacked or suffered.......ever. I wasn't even planning on writing a review about Al Dente because I've eaten there for years. Now I need to share with all of you.....perhaps I will see you there sometime.

1  Thank Suzanne M

Been to Al Dente? Share your experiences!